Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 vs Maserati vs Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:11 PM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 911 vs Maserati vs Aston Martin

Base model Maserati is just under $100K, and they are much more rare than the P cars. Entry to mid-level Aston Martin is a bit pricier which is at a price of 911 Turbo. I had my eyes on the Aston Martin DB9 or Vanquish, which I hope to get a few years from now. Aston Martin is low key compared to what I think is poserly Ferrari or Lambo. One day, while I was on the Rode Drive, I heard, not saw, a Ferrari coming. I turned around, and there it was, a red Ferrari Maranello. The intake sound of Ferrari was awesome. A minute later, I saw an Aston Martin Vanquish which was not as flash as the F car, but definitely made its presence. The sound of the engine was not as loud or good as the F car, yet roaring.

But as a daily driver and a sports car, I personally think the Porsche can't be beat due to its reliability. Whaddya guys think? Anyone own an Aston Martin or a Maserati? Share your story.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:58 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

Funny, yesterday my wife and I were in the p-car at a light and in the opposite direction there was an Aston Martin Vanquish. I pointed it out to my wife and comented on how beautiful it was and her reply was: "yes it's nice but not as sexy or iconic as a 911...you can't be the shape of the Porsche; it's beautiful without trying too hard to impress unlike that car over there"
There you have it boys, from the mouths of babes. She's a keeper!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:48 PM
JJB236
Racer

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Funny, yesterday my wife and I were in the p-car at a light and in the opposite direction there was an Aston Martin Vanquish. I pointed it out to my wife and comented on how beautiful it was and her reply was: "yes it's nice but not as sexy or iconic as a 911...you can't be the shape of the Porsche; it's beautiful without trying too hard to impress unlike that car over there"
There you have it boys, from the mouths of babes. She's a keeper!
Your wife knows style. Definitely a keeper. Did you give her a big kiss for that?

Wait, how many other babes other than your babe said this? You said babes up there.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a maseratie looks like a Honda Prelude (remember those??) and a Aston Martin ( I love the old ones) is nothing more than a Ford with a bigger ***....and believe me...constantly in the shop because they are as reliable as the weather....!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:45 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB236
Your wife knows style. Definitely a keeper. Did you give her a big kiss for that?

Wait, how many other babes other than your babe said this? You said babes up there.
Uhhh... well as a married man, I've been told that there are many, many, many babes up here in the great white north along with my wife. And since Canadian women have impeccable taste to go with beauty, naturally they must all love p-cars!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 AM
nick49
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

As your taste becomes more exotic using Porsche for a base, your service and repair budget, as well as patience must exponentially increasese as well. If you've got, enjoy!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:07 AM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a Maserati a couple of years ago. Kept it for less than a year. Nothing but problems after problems after problems. Plus, it was a lot of cash for a car that nobody recognized. I must have had a dozen people ask me if it was a Jag. Not what you want to hear!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:26 AM
JJB236
Racer

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
a maseratie looks like a Honda Prelude (remember those??) and a Aston Martin ( I love the old ones) is nothing more than a Ford with a bigger ***....and believe me...constantly in the shop because they are as reliable as the weather....!
Maserati coupe does look look like one of the Honda Prelude model. Aston Martin does have heritage, though. Ford's ownership of AM is not too long ago, so I doubt Ford designers would have any impact on AM's design, but I could be wrong. The reliabilty factor for these British cars like Range rovers, Aston, Jaguar kept me away (even though I like the styling) and stick to German cars - MB, BMW, Porsche. This past weekend, I spotted this guy drivng a black/black MB SL55 MG near Rodeo Drive. Then I said to myself, if I could afford to spend $240K on a Aston Martin or a Bentley GT, I 'd just get 2 German cars - a 997TT and a SL55 AMG.

Anyway, this is a P forum. Most in here shopped around high-end sports cars if they could afford to buy a Porsche. Then, of course, non-Porsche fans wouldn't be here trash-talking our P cars
Old 09-27-2006, 12:31 AM
JJB236
Racer

Originally Posted by LiveFromNY
I had a Maserati a couple of years ago. Kept it for less than a year. Nothing but problems after problems after problems. Plus, it was a lot of cash for a car that nobody recognized. I must have had a dozen people ask me if it was a Jag. Not what you want to hear!
Yep, I hear you. The shape of these P cars can be spotted miles away and be unmistakably Porsche. And that really is amazing, not to mention good reliabilty.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:02 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aston Martins look great...but there are a couple of buttons and designs that are unmistakebly Ford....same as his/her cuisin the Jaguar....they all look like Fords to me....the english style has long gone...and the new design didn't do them any good.
Different story for the Lambo's who are looking GREAT under the VW flag!!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Oh man, that Aston is spectacular. Ford parts or no, what a car.

If my wife picked the porsche over the Aston, I'd be worried about who she picked ME over...
Old 09-27-2006, 11:06 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nutbeem - i agree. the aston is a stunner - and i'm lucky enough to see them quite frequently on the streets around here.

iconic design - just like the 911 - that front grill has been around for decades.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:48 PM
JJB236
Racer

Originally Posted by Nutbeem
If my wife picked the porsche over the Aston, I'd be worried about who she picked ME over...
LOL That was too funny
Old 09-28-2006, 12:11 AM
arrowax
Advanced

Nutbeem, I agree with u...The Aston is stunning, especially the modern ones (db9, vantage), those two were awarded first and third best designed car last year if i am not mistaken. Even the Vanguish still look good even though they've been around for years. In terms of looks (both exterior and interior), I'd go with the Aston over the 911 anyday. The V8 vantage probably wont beat the 997S, let alone the Turbo, and probably are not as reliable as the 911. But what a car..
Old 09-28-2006, 12:42 AM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

the aston used to be a stunner, now it looks just like my jag

And the italian car is ...well drive one.

Porsche is my option , but hey what did you expect froma Porsche forum!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 vs Maserati vs Aston Martin