Porsche 911 vs Maserati vs Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

The AM DB9 is just a work of art. Nothing wrong with a 12 cylinder, alum and CF built car with an interior that it is so well executed. Sounds great, goes fast, and just looking at it is enough to fall in love with it. And there are no visibile part sharing from the Ford parts bin... that comment had to be for the old DB7...

A DB9? I would jump at it if finances permited, no questions asked. Would I give up my Porsches for one...errr no... must be an addition to the garage.

Maserati interiors are like driving an Italian sofa. The Italians know how to make interiors that can move your senses. Engine built by Ferrari. But that body style on the Coupe it not ground breaking nor it looks mean. The GrandSport

with its additional style changes is nice but I wish they would offer the same package for the manual Coupe. The Quattroporte is a beautiful car. To bad they had to mess it up with not offering a manual (stick) tranny. But it is a car that looks better in person than in photos. They are now changing the tranny in the Quattroporte to a normal auto instead of the Cambiocorsa, I hope they offer a manual for those that prefer a more involved drive.

Initially I also had the same thought on the new Jaguars. A tuned down AM. I love 3/4 of the car... I am still working with getting use to the front of the car. But these are cars that are far better than the old XK. The interior, the chassis, everything about it is new and far better than the old one. I really wish Jaguar success with these cars. And a convertible XK or XKR is a very nice alternative for a daily driver.

There... enough from me for now. Cheers!

Last edited by Wachuko; 09-30-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:23 AM
toddel68
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody mistaking the AM Vanquish for a Jag should definitely get new glasses. Yes - the car key looks like the one I had in my 96 Ford Fiesta but the car is just great. I sometimes get to drive my buddy's Vanquish and would trade it in for my Porsche anytime. (Of course he wouldn't do it) The sound of the Vanquish is awesome - if it wasn't louder and throatier than the Ferrari than the driver probably didn't hit the gas. Of course when it comes to cornering it can't beat the Porsche since it' still a GT.
Thorsten
Old 09-30-2006, 11:46 AM
joey c
Pro

i love the maserati is very pretty,but it drives like crap imo..very dissapointed..for everyday use,porsche is the car to own..
Old 09-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Aston is my dream car !
Old 09-30-2006, 01:34 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my GT3. However the reason I have a porsche is to drive it around in between track days. If I did not track the AM or SL AMG. Since I like to put miles on my cars, the F car will never be considered
Old 10-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love the looks of the Maseratie Quatroporte (one of my favorite sedans for 20?? years) th old ones were also great looking...and back then the other maseratie's (Biturbo's remember) with that great sound..not bad either...what ever happened..did their stylist die??

the aston martins are great looking cars and if I had the money to buy it next to my P I would....great looks inside and out.....but the mechanical problems....(as a owner told me: in the shop every 2 weeks, there is always something wrong with it...it rides great, but having to tow it all the time is a little embarrishing!)
Old 10-01-2006, 06:41 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Nothing sounds like a Ferrari, the sexist out there, the Maserati looks very Japanese family car to me and the Aston is awesome looking inside and out. However none of them can be dailey depenable drivers like our Porsches.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:13 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good question Guys, the reason the 997 was for sale ( sold now ) it was ugly as hell! yea i know i know , but I like the look of the GT3 , Jag is for sale well it is boring , The C2 will be my winter car this year and will wait for the GT3, I did drive the TT for 2 weeks and put 1800 KMS on it.The Jag Great car,but not for everyone and it does look like the Aston and to be honest I felt like an idiot everytime someone asked " hey is that an Aston? "
Old 10-02-2006, 02:23 AM
JJB236
Racer

Originally Posted by kilrgt
Good question Guys, the reason the 997 was for sale ( sold now ) it was ugly as hell! yea i know i know , but I like the look of the GT3 , Jag is for sale well it is boring , The C2 will be my winter car this year and will wait for the GT3, I did drive the TT for 2 weeks and put 1800 KMS on it.The Jag Great car,but not for everyone and it does look like the Aston and to be honest I felt like an idiot everytime someone asked " hey is that an Aston? "
YOu described Jag as boring, and you described it as great. Then you said Jag isn't for everyone. Care to explain why? Regardless of Jag's close resemblance to its more expensive Aston, which doesn't really bother me, I have always been a fan of XK although I haven't gotten used to the new 07 front.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:57 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

The jag front end looks hideous. The wide open fish mouth has been compared to the Taurus and rightfully so (the designers are brothers...one at Ford, the other at Jaguar). Moreover, the headlights on the jag looks so cheap it slays me. My father used to have an old XKE and it's painful to see how far they have veered from that elegant design. You see, the Porsche 911 still maintains the rounded look and characteristic bulge of its predecessors. That's the beauty of our cars.

Incidentally, the AM9 is fantastic. I'd take it in a heartbeat, in addition to the Pcar, of course.

The Maserati looks dated but it's still fun to drive, though I wouldn't pay anywhere near list for it.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 vs Maserati vs Aston Martin