Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone go (or NOT go) to the Burlington CT Porsche show today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 10:47 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone go (or NOT go) to the Burlington CT Porsche show today?

Pretty burned...

Today was the date for the 3rd Annual Northeast All Porsche Swap Meet and Car Show. It was from 8-3 at Camp Chase YMCA in Burlington CT. It was advertised in the local PCA newsletter (CT Valley Region) and on the website.

What a joke.

They do not have a dedicated website so you can't get further info.

The address was listed only as "Rt 4, Burlington CT" which is not enough for any of my navigation units. And, of course, there were no directions in the ads.

I decided to make the 90 mile drive and just do my best finding it once I got there. Burlington is a little s**thole of a town, how hard could it be?

I drove up there. Drove all up and down RT 4, not so much as a single sign to be seen. Called the 2 phone numbers listed in the ad. No answer. Finally stopped for directions to Camp Chase. Turns out that the location is BARELY in Burlington. Kept driving and finally found it.

Not a single soul there. They had obviously cancelled the event and they're such freaking amateurs they have no website or toll free number to notify anyone.

I saw a couple other P-cars looking lost in the area as well. Wondered if it was anyone from here.

I already decided, I hope they're ready for a competing show next year...
Old 09-23-2006, 11:08 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

How lame! Did you pay anything?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:19 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by arr0gant
How lame! Did you pay anything?
Nahh... Just 3.5 hours of my time and 200 miles on the car. Can't believe anyone could be so disorganized...
Old 09-24-2006, 02:07 AM
LuftKopf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man. I was bummed that I hadn't driven up there today and just came on rennlist to "see how it was".

Drag.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:32 AM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by froogleyankee
Man. I was bummed that I hadn't driven up there today and just came on rennlist to "see how it was".

Drag.
Looks like you're the big winner for the day.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:13 AM
russwright
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not affiliated with the group that runs the swap meet. But I know the location. It is on CT route 4 between Burlington and Unionville. It is along the Farmington River but on the south side of the road. I don't know if the meet was held yesterday or not. It was a bit rainy.
russ
Old 09-24-2006, 01:33 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by russwright
I am not affiliated with the group that runs the swap meet. But I know the location. It is on CT route 4 between Burlington and Unionville. It is along the Farmington River but on the south side of the road. I don't know if the meet was held yesterday or not. It was a bit rainy.
russ
Thanks, Russ. I wouldn't think you're affiliated with the group that runs it. By your excellent spelling and grammar, I would guess your IQ iis well over 80 which is obviously not the case with the dolts who run the Burlington meet.

I know the location very well myself now. And I can verify that no meet was held.

Quick Reply: Anyone go (or NOT go) to the Burlington CT Porsche show today?