Sponsored by:

Alarm autible alert??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:25 AM
armandodiaz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm autible alert??

Is there a way to have an autible alert when the alarm is turned on/off? It is tough to make sure the alarm/doors are locked. Sometimes I walk away without looking at the lights, pressing the lock button, but then come back to find the doors unlocked.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The only way I know to do this would be to leave the rear center console storage lid open or to "trick" the car into thinking it is open by disabling the sensor connection for the lid. There was a thread on this about a month or so ago and another one about 6 months ago.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 AM
signal
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In that thread one guy claimed he was able to have porsche "activate" a honk on arm via the computer, but I dont think its possible, I am not sure what they did for him, but I dont think its a computer code.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 AM
QueenCityCarrera4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car has never honked when the car is locked/activated. For the first time the other night after some fast driving, I popped my "poser" wing up to cool it off. I then for the first time locked the car. Low and behold, the damn thing honked!! Lights flashed and it locked. I havent gone back to experiment again, but something was very fishy.

Quick Reply: Alarm autible alert??