Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by aben8057
CT police...no problems with them...
Pretty funny. I take it you're related?
Old 09-18-2006 | 10:06 PM
42empress
Racer

CT has also been running a huge DUI campaign. They are advertising it on several radio stations. My neighbor is a trooper who works I95 in the middle part of the state and told me that he gives up to 77mph, but that some will only go to 72. The troopers when just sitting doing paper work or traveling on the road seem to be much more tolerant of even 75-80 at times. They all drive 80+ when traveling. I have had several instances when i have had a trooper come up from out of nowhere it seems and go by. I usually travel 75-85 depending on flow and safety. I think they just want to let you know they are there and could get you. I believe that some of them may actually be less likely to pull me over in the 996, then if i was driving some other type of vehicle. I do not see them pulling people over when they are not specifically running a trap. You have to be driving like an idiot for them to get you. There are plenty of idiots in fairfield county on I95, and they do not pull over enough of them. These people are truly dangerous. I even saw a trooper pull flying up behind someone in an SUV who had been weaving and cutting in. The trooper was right on his ***, literally 5 feet offf the rear bumper, and when the guy realized it and moved right, the trooper went buy him. BUT, when they are running a trap as you saw, they are generating tax money and will get you. It does not seem to be personal.
Old 09-18-2006 | 10:27 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 42empress
CT has also been running a huge DUI campaign. They are advertising it on several radio stations. My neighbor is a trooper who works I95 in the middle part of the state and told me that he gives up to 77mph, but that some will only go to 72. The troopers when just sitting doing paper work or traveling on the road seem to be much more tolerant of even 75-80 at times. They all drive 80+ when traveling. I have had several instances when i have had a trooper come up from out of nowhere it seems and go by. I usually travel 75-85 depending on flow and safety. I think they just want to let you know they are there and could get you. I believe that some of them may actually be less likely to pull me over in the 996, then if i was driving some other type of vehicle. I do not see them pulling people over when they are not specifically running a trap. You have to be driving like an idiot for them to get you. There are plenty of idiots in fairfield county on I95, and they do not pull over enough of them. These people are truly dangerous. I even saw a trooper pull flying up behind someone in an SUV who had been weaving and cutting in. The trooper was right on his ***, literally 5 feet offf the rear bumper, and when the guy realized it and moved right, the trooper went buy him. BUT, when they are running a trap as you saw, they are generating tax money and will get you. It does not seem to be personal.
Okay, good. I figured what you said was true, but having never lived in CT didn't want to push my luck by going with the flow (75+mph) , considering that I seemed to be traveling on Tax Day. It's good to hear the details from a CT resident. Thanks for your insight.

I figured with the sheer numbers of cars that they had to be trying to hit some kind of quota. As I've said in other threads, these guys are just doing their jobs and doing as they're told.... just didn't want to push my luck and get a ticket when I was only a fraction of the way through a 330 mile drive. It would not have been smart to speed in that environment, then whine about getting a ticket.

Quick Reply: OT: CT Highway Patrol