Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Just turned 40..midlife crisis...(newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:39 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey, mtv65, I'm the guy that sent you over from Roadfly. Told you this group was fantastic! Good luck with the purchase. I don't think I've been so thrilled with a car since I was 16.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
mtv65
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bruce!! Haven't checked back over there in couple of days...probably not missing much =). Are you the one with 00 996? Post some pics...I'd love to see them =). Will never tire of looking at porsches. Check out this site, they've got some nice ones.....

www.supercars.net
Old 09-14-2006, 07:06 PM
mtv65
Advanced

oreganet and arr0gant - concerning the Florida car...what's the catch? flood car? title tainted?

Otherwise a nice 02 C4S optioned nicely with low miles. I'll shoot Vladimir an email and get details. Rocky Mtn Eurosport is run by Russians as well....what gives?!? (nothing against Russians...just curious)
Old 09-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mtv65
oreganet and arr0gant - concerning the Florida car...what's the catch? flood car? title tainted?

Otherwise a nice 02 C4S optioned nicely with low miles. I'll shoot Vladimir an email and get details. Rocky Mtn Eurosport is run by Russians as well....what gives?!? (nothing against Russians...just curious)

Sorry, I was just ragging on Gant. I should have explained.

As gant said, it looks like a real steal and in great shape. if I hadn't bought earlier in the year I'd be tempted.... although, you hit on a great point. FL is in Hurricane Alley - check it's history very carefully to make sure that it hasn't been damaged.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:27 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Make sure they're not Slaviks! JK Looks like it's too good to be true. Proceed w/caution. They should be asking 60k for that car, and negotiating from there. I think the price is too good.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:28 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Thanks Bruce!! Haven't checked back over there in couple of days...probably not missing much =). Are you the one with 00 996? Post some pics...I'd love to see them =). Will never tire of looking at porsches. Check out this site, they've got some nice ones.....

www.supercars.net
I owe these guys pics... yes, mine is a '00 C2. Ocean Blue over grey. It's a very clean, straight 996 (not like some of the dream machines on this board). Main options were power seats, the upgraded stereo, turbo style wheels with color caps... no PSM, no full leather, no Bose, no nav, etc, etc. I put fresh exhaust tips on it (old ones were discolored), clear side markers, the Litronic kit and the non-smoker package, all Porsche parts. Bought it from a dealer with 48,000 miles, up to date service, new brakes and fresh SO-3s for about $46,000 and change in US dollars. (Really wanted to buy from the dealer first time out). For Canada, this is quite a good price, and I got top Black Book dollar for my trade. Got all the records, and noted that the RMS was done at around 20,000 miles.

The dealer was wonderful. When I picked the car up, they'd put fresh mats in it, detailed it, found a miniature of a 996 in Ocean Blue for my desk, and invited me to the next owners' get together. They treated me as if I'd bought a brand new one, which I guess they figured I eventually will.

I can see the attraction of the more aggressive 996 trim, but as a first Porsche, I like how plain mine is. It really makes you appreciate the curves, and it probably doesn't hurt relations with the local constabulary.

Happy guy here.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 PM
mtv65
Advanced

Glad to hear you're happy!! Porsches tend to do that...no matter how bad a day you're having...just go for a drive in the mountains or the coast...very therapeutic.

Which part of Canada are you at? My wife and I were up in Vancouver a couple of months ago....beautiful up there. Lots of development/construction going on....something I should know about (real estate investment)??
Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 PM
BruceP
Drifting

I'm in Toronto. Sadly, you missed the boat on Vancouver real estate, by a few years (Asian money). And Calgary by about two years (oil money). But if you want to get rich, just watch what I do. Then do whatever the opposite of that is.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
I'm in Toronto. Sadly, you missed the boat on Vancouver real estate, by a few years (Asian money). And Calgary by about two years (oil money).
What's left? Winnipeg?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
What's left? Winnipeg?
Take your pick of any place in Newfoundland.

Quick Reply: Just turned 40..midlife crisis...(newbie)