Creative garage curb stop

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Creative garage curb stop

Happy Saturday!! I survived a day at Limerock! After seeing that video on Coochas I was a bit timid. The turn onto the main straight had me more concerned than some of my friend's aerobatic manuevers. Unfortunately, we had an "incident" on that turn. Those tire walls are not as forgiving as I thought. I witnessed the crash as I was working start finish, which is a tower with an excellent view of the main straight
Anyhow, one of my garage bays is 2 cars, one in front of the other. I plan to keep the C4S in the front spot during the winter and did not want my wife to rear end it with her Allroad. I was looking for a cool solution when I looked up on my garage loft and realized I had two timed out helicopter rotor blades from a Robinson R22. They are Stainless steel and honeycomb. I bought some cement mollies and some stainless screws. It's kind of fun to look at this set up which is black and yellow, and think of all the places that rotor blade has been after nearly 2200 hours. I have another one if someone wants to some and pick it up in NH. Other, find a helo repair operation as they probably have a pile of them behind the hangar. Pics to follow.
Steve
Old 09-09-2006, 07:20 PM
944kid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is this going to be, a toll-booth type setup, or something like those [annoying] concrete barriers to protect the sides of fast food restaurants?

Must. Have. Pics!! Hurry up already

Kudos for the solution. Parking in a garage is always fun. It beats the random object method, that's for sure!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:54 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha cool, bringing the whole industrial look to your garage hmmm?

Quick Reply: Creative garage curb stop