996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Has anyone installed Recaro SRD seats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 06:52 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed Recaro SRD seats?

I'm thinking about installing these in the car for weight savings. Has anyone used these seats in their car? I was leaning towards sparcos but these look good and recline..................... I've heard they sit low in the car too.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:10 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

I've seen this seat in many early 911's. The style and cheap looking and feeling material matches these cars. For the same reason, I've never seen one of these seats in a 996. You car would look much better with a better seat.

The Misano looks great in a 996.
Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2006, 10:58 PM
jerhofer
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a pair of SRD's installed in my 944 track car some years ago. They were a great compromise steet/track seat. I drove my car to track events and they were very comfortable for long distance driving such as driving from northern Indiana to Road Atlanta. The fact that they also reclined made it easier to get to the rear seats. You could also feed your racing harness through the back of the seat and they have provisions for a submarine belt. The bolsters worked great on the track as well.

To keep the cloth looking good was a bit of a challenge as they were difficult to vacuum because the cloth tended to snag the lint.

Overall, I thought they were great. My son ended up with my 944 after he graduated from college. When he finally sold the car, he put the stock seats in and used the SRD's in his '69 Camaro. Now there is an example of improving your seating by going from stock Camaro seats to the SRD's!!!

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed Recaro SRD seats?