Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

I want to apologize to Dan @ vividracing for my post last night.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:56 PM
yung911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to apologize to Dan @ vividracing for my post last night.

Although i had deleted the original post, some of you probably had a chance to read it before i deleted it. Anyways, I'm writing this post today to apologize to Dan@vividracing for my actions last night. I should have contacted him first to work things out with the issue i had with the JIC coilovers.

After contacting them this morning, we were able to work things out. Dan is a good guy and a valuable sponsor and vendor for the rennlist/porsche community. I hope that other members who read my post last night are not discouraged from doing business with vividracing. They are a very good company to deal with and I would certainly do business with them again.

It was not their fault that their supplier sent me a defective product. Dan contacted the supplier for me and explained to them my situation. And the supplier agreed to accept the return on the defective coilovers. JIC is the one that I should be mad at not Vividracing.

I guess there are a couple of lessons that i can take from this experience.
1. Always check your parts for anything and everything before starting the install.
2. Venting on a public forum before working things out with someone is not a good way to solve issues. Or else you will be in my position and look like an idiot. But hey, i'm man enough to apologize for my mistake.

Regards,
Bao

ps. Thanks to Eric and several other members who adviced me to delete the post before things got out of hand. That was the right thing to do.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:37 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

BAo - I didn't see your original post but read other posts on thr thread. Kudos to you for stepping up and clearing this up with Dan and the on the Forum!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
yung911
Rennlist Member

what had happened was that half way through the install of the coilovers, i find out that the rear coilovers had previously been installed and damaged by whoever installed them and returned them to JIC. The threads in the holes were completely stripped. I had already installed the fronts and completely tore out the rears, and when it came time to install the rear coilovers, i couldn't becasue they were damaged.

What made me mad was that i thought these were supposed to be new, didn't expect to recieve damaged/defective goods. It was late at night and i couldn't contact vivid, so i posted my frustration on here. I was tired, dirty, and it was hot. I just wanted to finish the install... Now i have to uninstall the fronts and when the new set arrives i can put them back in.

I hope you guys understand where i'm coming from and that this doesn't affect my credibility on this forum. I really like this forum and all the positive aspects of it. It has helped me alot with all the questions and problems i've had since owning a porsche.

Thank You
Old 08-29-2006, 10:35 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Way to step up. Tough to do that and is very commendible. However, if I recieved used parts I would be LIVID (pun intended)! I would have to say that Dan is at fault 100% for that one for trying to pass off used crap whether intentional or not.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:13 PM
yung911
Rennlist Member

It was actually shipped straight from the manufacturer, which was JIC. I was told of that the day i ordered the coilovers and the return label stated so. So Dan had no idea that it was used. I'll back Dan in this instance.

Finally someone who feels me!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:48 AM
ericdee
Racer

Oh don't feel bad... It's only a matter of time before someone else has an issue with him.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Well done for standing up. It's easy to say something too strong in the heat of the moment - it takes strength of character to do the right thing afterwords.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:46 PM
mjet
Instructor

Don't feel too bad. I've had issues with Dan...... (Fabspeed Tips & K&N CAI)
Old 08-30-2006, 02:50 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Class act Bao.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

takes a man to take their hat off and admit being wrong...my hat goes off to you too! Cheers!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:44 PM
yung911
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys for the support. I'm new to this forum and don't want to give a bad impression of being a punk or immature.

Quick Reply: I want to apologize to Dan @ vividracing for my post last night.