Old 08-31-2006, 09:28 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
I thought about that before...
Aren't the wheel designs exactly the same for all 4 wheels,
that the spokes are angled in the opposite directions when mounted on opposite sides of the car? Like on one side, the spokes will be "slicing" into the rotation, the other side against? I asked that question before and heard it doesn't make a difference at all, and the wheels can be used at any side of the car.
You are right the wheel design on the twist is exactly the same on all four wheels.

It's kind of really annoying once you notice it.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:20 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any decent shop could do it, but they should have some late-model P-car experience. For example, it is essential to know that the rear toe (adjusted by eccentrics) is pretty unstable. This is probably the case on a lot of other cars, but with the wide, low-profile rears on our cars, it is much more critical.

In my experience, there is a certain way to adjust the rear toe that helps it stay put. Also, just because it's in spec on the alignment rack, doesn't mean it will be once you drive it around the block and over a few speed bumps. You need to do that and check it again. I would also recommend replacing the eccentrics and bolts every few alignments.

Finally, the factory alignment "specs" are pretty wide. A more knowledgeable shop should be able to figure out where in those wide specs you should be for your particular driving needs.

Quick Reply: Do we ever need to rotate our tires?