Sponsored by:

New Porsche owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 PM
TBH996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me too...

I finally purchased my 996 a few weeks ago also. I've wanted one since I new how to spell PORSCHE (about 30 years ago). I had a guards red 944 in the mid-90's...but I still wasn't satisfied. Had kids and then a few 5 series BMW's...great cars, but not enough "go-go". Finally, the kids are old enough to sit in the back seats w/out boosters. I was out shopping for an E class and came home with the 996. The dealer knew I was torn between an E500 and the 996 so he said the magic words: "since you aren't sure, go ahead, take the porsche home and call me tomorrow to let me know you answer".

This car is phenomenal. '02 w/ 20K miles. Guards red w/out a blem and black interior, red console, red belts, crests in the headrests, 3 pc O Z wheels (dealer installed by original owner).

My only problem now is figuring out how to keep my foot off the GAS.

E
Attached Images   
Old 08-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I've never seen those rims before, they're interesting.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:42 PM
AaronB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TBH996
I've wanted one since I new how to spell PORSCHE
But what about since you knew how to spell knew?
......sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:57 PM
TBH996
Instructor

what I meant was "gnu". Hey, spell check doesn't catch those types of errors!

I guess now it's time to beat up on the new guy...Damn those hooked on phonics tapes!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
TBH996
Instructor

The wheels are an 18" O Z 3 piece. (silver spokes with a polished lip) I'm not sure of the model, but they've got OE center caps and seem to be a perfect fit for the hub (no centering adapter ring). These seem to be the original shoes based on what I know about the car. I'm not to keen on the Continental tires though (inconsistent with hard breaking and the only strong point I see is that they make it easy to hang the tail out with minimal effort). Any suggestions on a superior replacement tire?
Old 08-22-2006, 06:56 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

what I meant was "gnu". Hey, spell check doesn't catch those types of errors!

I guess now it's time to beat up on the new guy...Damn those hooked on phonics tapes!!!
Actually, it's time to beat up on the knew guy!

The wheels are an 18" O Z 3 piece. (silver spokes with a polished lip) I'm not sure of the model, but they've got OE center caps and seem to be a perfect fit for the hub (no centering adapter ring). These seem to be the original shoes based on what I know about the car. I'm not to keen on the Continental tires though (inconsistent with hard breaking and the only strong point I see is that they make it easy to hang the tail out with minimal effort). Any suggestions on a superior replacement tire?
A lot of guys like the Pilot Sport2. Others like the Bridgestone S02-A. While others like the Pirelli Rosso P-Zeros. All are "N" rated and all are very soft with good grip. You will likely get only 12k - 15k miles from the rear tires. Double that for the front tires.

There are a ton of threads about tires on the forum. If you did a "search" on tites, you could read tire threads all night.... literally.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:00 AM
outskirts
Track Day

Alright, Ive already gotten my first speeding ticket after owning my Porsche for about 3 weeks. I'm actually pretty bitter about it, because I wasnt speeding. The female officer claims she got me with the laser from over 1000 feet away in a parking lot while there was tons of traffic. I believe she hit someone else with the laser. There were people going much faster than me on the road. She claims i was going 62 in a 40. BULLLLSHHHIIIt. Oh well. Im over it. I'm fighting it anyways. Thought Id share my frustration. I can do traffic school and not have it go on record and affect my insurance. I feel like she was profiling me. Young guy in brand new porsche=speeding. Ive owned cars just as fast and I havent gotten pulled over for speeding since I was 16. The only reason why I am so what okay taking this bullcrap of a ticket is that I'm over due for my speeding ticket. haha. But I'm still planning on fighting it.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:29 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

outskirts,
Are any of those shops near you??
Old 08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Congatulations and Welcome. Enjoy!!!

Quick Reply: New Porsche owner!!!