Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

HELP! Need Paintless Dent Removal in Atlanta!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:09 PM
rroobbcc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP! Need Paintless Dent Removal in Atlanta!

I picked up my first door ding today and it is major! It is about 2" long and deep, right on the curve of the rear fender about 6" directly behind the door handle.

Can anyone recommend a good shop for paintless dent removal, preferably in NW Atlanta, i.e. Cobb County, or anywhere else in the Atlanta area?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Old 08-20-2006, 01:17 AM
yvesatlanta
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

I've used the "Dent Wizard" before and was impressed with the quality of work.

2 locations :

Chamblee : 5717 Peachtree ind Blvd (close to Jim Ellis & International Food market). This is the one I used.
Marietta : 910 Cobb Parkway SE
Old 08-20-2006, 03:19 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fix a lot of my dings with DingKing, I highly recommend it for minor dings and dents that are not creased. I've done many perfect fixes, and of course there were some difficult ones that turned out better than before, though not perfect.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 PM
rroobbcc
Racer

Thanks Guys. I will check these places out on monday. I will also take a few before after photos to report on the results.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:35 PM
rroobbcc
Racer

Just an update on my door ding. I ended up going to Magnum Collision (http://www.magnumcollision.com) in Marietta, GA. They did a fantastic job. I was simply amazed. It did take the guy a bit longer than the 15-20mins often mentioned in other posts because he was taking the time to make sure it was perfect. Price was $125, and I was VERY satisfied. I definitely would recommend them to anyone in need of PDR, or any other bodywork. I even had a long talk with the owner about the rebuild I have started on my '91 C2 and have decided to let them carry out the color change and a few other details.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Zedmau5
Instructor

Originally Posted by yvesatlanta
I've used the "Dent Wizard" before and was impressed with the quality of work.
roughly, how much did dent wizard charge for pulling out a small dent? I have one on the nose panel between the headlights of my 951 thats about 2" around, and also a small 1" dent on my door.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:49 PM
cab713
Track Day

Just got back from Dent Wizard on p'tree industrial today. Deep small dent fixed for $79. Previous owner put multiple creases in the hood by overloading the boot. $259 for 5-6. It took about 1.25 hours.

I was concerned about the hood, but the guy said, "If you don't like it then don't pay for it." Made it easy for me to relax and let them do their job.

Talked to a couple of the guys there. They work on plenty of pcars with Ellis being right there. Had a Maserati in a short while back and a 550. I'll go back if needed.

cab713

Quick Reply: HELP! Need Paintless Dent Removal in Atlanta!