Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Global Motorcars... Submarine for sale... CROOKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Oilslick964
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oreganet
How many time do we have to say "Shut the F#$k up, this is under control?"
No need to be a d**k, man. I hadn't realized you were the authority on dealing with sleazy car dealers. Simmer down, compadre. We're all friends here.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Oilslick964
No need to be a d**k, man. I hadn't realized you were the authority on dealing with sleazy car dealers. Simmer down, compadre. We're all friends here.
I apologize for my language, but Gant has a lot riding on this one and we should let him run it. Messing with the dealer will only lead to bad things right now. Trust me. He has it under control.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:05 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's right, Gant deserves to see all this thru' without any of us screwing things up for him.
Some things might seem innocent but may rouse suspicion and so cause unnecessary outcome.
Just be patient, AFTER Gant gets his money, I'm sure we all would love to see the next episode of a great show!
Old 08-11-2006, 12:19 AM
NSG
Intermediate

Listen if you think posting on this thread is not public knowledge think again. How do you know I don't represent Global? Or that I'm Dean for that matter?

You guys need to lighten up man. I'm just postulating an obvious.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Oilslick964
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NSG
Listen if you think posting on this thread is not public knowledge think again. How do you know I don't represent Global? Or that I'm Dean for that matter?

You guys need to lighten up man. I'm just postulating an obvious.
W3 RD
Old 08-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are you doingk....what nice weather today....do you think this weather is going stay around for a while?????
Old 08-11-2006, 12:57 AM
jbdmd
Pro

gentlemen

to help 'gant' you may consider exchanging emails/phone numbers via pm this thread has already been read over 842 times. as stated it is public domain.

cheers
Old 08-11-2006, 02:07 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Default Raining Allot

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
How are you doingk....what nice weather today....do you think this weather is going stay around for a while?????
Don't know but, it's raining allot in Texas.

Last edited by Mother; 09-23-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jbdmd
gentlemen

to help 'gant' you may consider exchanging emails/phone numbers via pm this thread has already been read over 842 times. as stated it is public domain.

cheers

...and that's the reason that I went through and edited all my posts yesterday and was sending out PMs.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

Dutchie can lock this thread for a week if he likes. I think the active participants in gant's ordeal know the deal.

i think we all have to make like a submarine, take a deep breath and go under for a while.

we can butt heads with one another next week.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

My cat got out of the bag and ran down the street wailing.

Makes me want to kick something.

'nuff said.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

I've been following this thread and the initial ones with interest. Has anyone confirmed that Gant's stories are factual? I couldn't help but think that the very helpful participants in the initial threads were getting taken for a ride. There were just too many inconsistencies and errors throughout the threads....

Just curious.

Andreas
Old 08-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

Well I know that he bought a car in Dallas as I went and saw it, talked to the salesman about it being Gant's car. He also knew of the flood car so the story travels well
Old 08-11-2006, 06:09 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Steve,
Sounds good - hopefully the second car turned out to be problem free. What a nightmare though.

Andreas
Old 08-11-2006, 06:55 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Dean Bastas, (and Global Motorcars)

I was looking for a great deal on a nice P-car. I found one at your dealership, so I bought it. After all, it had a clean title and Carfax. When I “bragged” about it on this forum, everyone told me something was fishy. I found out that it wasn’t warranteed. They told me I should expect a warranty since you wrote on my paperwork that it WAS CPO'd. They told me you guys were ripping me off. They told me to look for records, if they lie about CPO, what else are they lying about? So reluctantly, I did. I uncovered the massive flood damage from the Porsche dealer that sold you the car. When I called you, you tried to explain it away as it had only rained in the car and it wasn't major. But I told you that I have the records to prove it, and you are wrong. But still I trusted you...

You then told me you guys were really sorry and that you'd figure it out, and get me a new car. I thought that was great, I trusted you.... Again, the guys(and gals) here intervened and told me I was crazy. Forget them I thought, they are just being paranoid, I mean how could such a seemingly great car dealership do this to someone who would potentially come back for a turbo in a year? But you didn’t return my calls, or try to find me a new car. I listened to the boards overwhelming advice. Get my money back, THEN deal. Dam Rennlist, but I did it. I started feeling blown off, by you AND Momentum further. Get a lawyer they said, so I did.

I still persisted, as the board suggested. I pushed and pushed and said, take this car back. So you finally did. You set up a time, faxed me the info and picked up the car. I still trusted you!! You told me you'd send a check back AS SOON as you got the car. Great I thought. I still trusted you.

So then I bought a new car. The second I drove it, I knew it was different. Compared to this car, I realized, the flood car is WORTHLESS!!! Any 911 owner would know this. My mistake was not test driving other 911's. MY mistake, of many made!! But this new car is a dream. Yours was slow, sluggish, loose and uninspiring. But, the new one? WOW I thought. NOW I understand! NOW I GET IT. So THIS is a 911. I'm so glad i found this out. THANK GOD for Rennlist. Here I thought, I'll never get a car as nice as the flood one. I was SO wrong. I almost WASTED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!! Could Dean have known?

About 3 or 4 hours into my trip home, I got a Text Message from you saying "here is the tracking number for your check". Awesome, I still trust you. But now, after driving this new car, I started wondering, could they have known and lied to me? Hmmm, nahh.

When I get into work the next morning I get emails and messages from everyone on Rennlist to find MY old car, back up for sale for $4k less asking price then when I bought it with THE SAME AD!! Clean car, 1 owner, checked thoroughly for flood-damage etc.... THIS CAN’T BE, I thought.

I now realize I should NEVER have trusted you. You are thiefs and LYARS and put me thru this and tried to rip me off. How many others? Hundreds I'm sure. You shouldn't be in busisness. All I did was stick up for you and for that, I am a fool. YOU are the reason why no one trusts used car-salesman. You, my friends, are SCUM of the earth.

Just so you know Dean. I did NOTHING to try to hurt Global. You did it to yourself. I stuck-up for you every step of the way. I was in dream-land. Rennlisters led me in the right direction. Blame Rennlist for this being exposed. Something tells me you made a really big error by letting it get exposed this way on a public forum that upwards of 5 THOUSAND people have viewed. Well, the cats out of the bag and I hope this at least makes you think twice before using illegal tactics to make money and sell cars.

Dean et al, at Global. I'm afraid you are really being watched now and this news will traverse the internet VERY FAST. I wish you lots of luck, you will need it.

Your friend (no more),
Gant

Quick Reply: Global Motorcars... Submarine for sale... CROOKS!!!!