996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Radio gone from "CODE" to "WAIT" ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio gone from "CODE" to "WAIT" ??

Hi guys,

I disconnected my battery the other day for some work and the usual code came up after reconnecting. I tried a couple of shots at that I could recollect as the right code but I guess not - the "code" on the screen went to "wait". I did try a couple (=6-7 ??) of times and I must have gotten it wrong.

I now have the right code (sticky in my garage!). Have I busted the radio (CDR-210) for good or can I recover the radio ???

Till then my exhaust keeps me happy, but the girlfriend prefers some music from time to time ....

cheers !
Sid
The following users liked this post:
margaritisbatis (11-03-2020)
Old 08-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Melchior
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

leave the radio on the 'wait' screen for at least an hour. the 'code' screen will come back up.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:36 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a battery charger, hook it up and let the car sit with the key on. It can take up to 60 minutes for the "wait" to dissapear.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:43 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Sids911
Hi guys,

I disconnected my battery the other day for some work and the usual code came up after reconnecting. I tried a couple of shots at that I could recollect as the right code but I guess not - the "code" on the screen went to "wait". I did try a couple (=6-7 ??) of times and I must have gotten it wrong.

I now have the right code (sticky in my garage!). Have I busted the radio (CDR-210) for good or can I recover the radio ???

Till then my exhaust keeps me happy, but the girlfriend prefers some music from time to time ....

cheers !
Sid
Disconnect the battery and reconnect..that got rid of mine yesterday....
Old 08-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so funny that you mention that the exhaust keeps you happy...since I installed a sport exhaust (an extra loud one) I never listen to the radio any longer....

Quick Reply: Radio gone from "CODE" to "WAIT" ??