After Market Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:39 PM
jbdmd
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Warranty Question

Hello

I am coming to the end of my 4/50,000 warranty and plan on keeping the car for about 1 year out of its factory warranty

1)Should I get an aftermraket warranty for 1 year? The car has been fairly reliable except for an intermediate bearing that went bad at 30k and led to a new engine

2)What companies do you recommend?

3)How much will it cost me?

thanks

jbd
Old 07-28-2006, 05:45 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Jason! Good to see back around.

I thought you leased it? Did buy it at the end? If it is just 1 yr then I wouldn't even worry about it.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:54 PM
WFO
Advanced

As of 3 weeks ago, I purchased a 4 year/50,000 no deductible for $2,500. This is from Warranty Direct, 2002 C2 Coupe with 17,000 miles. My car has an "in service" date of 8/26/02, so I still have about a month's worth of factory warranty. I believe they just had a price increase, and, if your serious about it, you'll want take care of the extended warranty before your factory warranty expires. I think the price will go up even further or they might not even warranty it, if it is expired. I live in California, so that makes extended warrantys that much more fun, as a lot of Companys won't warranty California cars.....for some reason. I've searched and researched as best I could on "warranty Direct" and have only heard good things about them, but haven't had to deal with a claim as of yet (fingers crossed). It's a lot of dough, but the piece of mind is worth it, I guess. Anyway, hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:07 PM
jbdmd
Pro

Originally Posted by LVDell
Hey Jason! Good to see back around.

I thought you leased it? Did buy it at the end? If it is just 1 yr then I wouldn't even worry about it.
hey dell

i did lease it...but for 5 years( a year and change to go)...a silly move in retrospect.

i am leaning toward winging it....the 'secruity' of the warranty is nice though

dell any thoughts on my rotor issue in the other post?

thanks buddy!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Ah, now I understand. Personally I would just wing it for the next 12 months. As for the rotors, since the car is going back in 12 months I would not buy new ones. Just verify that you do NOT have any cracks. Those rotors can last "forever" under normal circumstances. But visual inspection is first order of business.

Quick Reply: After Market Warranty Question