996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Stock camber settings?

Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Stock camber settings?

I'm scheduled for an allignment tomorrow as well as some Yokohoma AD07 tires and a Tubi exhaust! My question is on allignment. My shop and I talked about what I want to do. We decided to start with factory camber settings. The shop told me that Porsche has a range to set the factory settings at and that they would go with the most aggresive in that range...though not the most aggresive that can be done. Then if I feel we need to make changes they can tweak it. My question is, what is the factory settings and is there a range or a set numebr? Thanks!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:54 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

The factory settings are to aggresive for street use. Count on having you inner rear tires wearing while the rest of the tire is brand new.

Though a aggresive setting does allow for better cornering but if you not at the track every weekend then why would ytou want it because you don't need it for the street.

@600+ a rear tire, I have mine dialed out as much as possible, though there still is negative camber even dialed out as much as possible.
Tire wear is much better now and I don't notice much difference at the track. Though I am not one to push the car to its limits yet. Since I think my limits are much lower then the cars right now.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:41 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
The factory settings are to aggresive for street use. Count on having you inner rear tires wearing while the rest of the tire is brand new.
The stock settings are 0 camber in front and -1 degrees rear. This way too little camber even for the street. If you corner hard at all, you will be running off the outside of the tires. They are definitely not aggressive. I am running -0.8 front and -1.5 rear (which is out of factory specs) and I don't get camber wear on the street. I am upgrading to GT3 control arms and will be re-aligning to -1.5-1.8 front and -2 rear to get my track tires to work better. I will be expecting a little camber wear after that, but certainly never with factory specs.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really depends on how much you track your car. Or autocross, as that will wear tires even more. If you don't track your car, or perhaps once a year, then the stock setting of -1.0 rear camber will cause the inside of tire to wear out well before the outside. That's because you don't corner very hard on the street so you put very little wear on the outside edges.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock camber settings?