Sponsored by:

Gauge Faces

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the aluminum gauge faces on my car. There is not any problem with backlighting at night. The first pic is a daytime shot without the flash. The second pic is a night time shot with flash. I don't have any night shots without the flash.
Attached Images   
Old 07-17-2006, 11:40 PM
evansaero
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't say that they are laser cut. It did not look like it.

It looks more like someone cut it out by hand.

Maybe the 02' and up are cut by laser but I have an 00' and it was not easy finding someone that could get a hold of the alum gauges

Honestly I was a little worried at first but soon found out that all the edges are covered up and all you see is the sweeeeeeet looking new faces.

If you want faces that are cut out like the stock one's, this is not it for you but unless you or someone takes apart the gauges again you would never know.

As far as ordering the gauge faces through www.imagineauto.com
I "PM" ProscheDoc and he called me back and took my info over the phone.
A couple days later I had them in hand.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
I have the aluminum gauge faces on my car. There is not any problem with backlighting at night. The first pic is a daytime shot without the flash. The second pic is a night time shot with flash. I don't have any night shots without the flash.
Tim,

Are the aluminum trim rings stock or did you get them from Eric at bumperplugs? Your gauge faces with alu trim rings looks like a great combo... I've got a black interior, but would think it looks quite nice on that as well... will give some nice contrast.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
Tim,

Are the aluminum trim rings stock or did you get them from Eric at bumperplugs? Your gauge faces with alu trim rings looks like a great combo... I've got a black interior, but would think it looks quite nice on that as well... will give some nice contrast.
The aluminum rings are not stock. If I remember correctly, I bought them from Brandywhine Porsche. I really like the look of the rings. It really added some definition to the gauge cluster.

If you get some rings, make sure you set each of them on a flat surface like a table to see if any of them are warped. One of my rings (the far left one) was warped and it didn't seat well. I took it off again and noticed that it was warped a little. I VERY CAREFULLY flexed it (rather than bent it) back into the correct shape by starting in the middle of the ring and flexed it slightly. Then I moved about 1/2 inch toward the end and flexed it again. I repeated the "flexing process" every 1/2 inch down the ring until it was no longer warped and both ends would touch evenly when laid back on the table. When I reinstalled the ring, it fit perfectly.

Quick Reply: Gauge Faces