996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Need Rear Facing Baby Seat for Back seat of 996 cab

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Samdog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I figure out the best rear facing, I'll try them front facing as well. Just to be clear, Porsche child seats are intended for to be used rear facing in the FRONT seat only. I'm not sure if the 1 year old 20-40LB types can be used front facing in the rear or not. I'm still looking but I'll let you know.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry to hear that the roundabout was a problem. Sounds odd considering how many people I've read about that have them.

It appears we have the same Graco seat, but for some reason our situation doesn't sound as tight as yours.

One last thought though - and I hate to point out the obvious, you do have to raise the carrying handle on the graco when you install it in the rear. Additionally, we use it without the base.

Last edited by oreganet; 07-14-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Samdog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the reason we differ is that mine is a cab and yours is a coupe. The cab has the rollover protection system and probably has 4" less rear seat room. I finally found a seat that works though.

Drumroll please.....The Combi Centre EX sold only at Babies R Us.

They make the Centre DX which is sold everywhere and I think it is exactly the same as the EX but I couldn't find a better deal than Babies R Us anyway.

This seat fits in the rear, rear facing, without the base. The passenger seat doesn't have a ton of travel but it is the best I've seen. I do have my right rear seat removed which is a simple process and adds a few precious inches.

This seat looks to be high quality and actually nicer than our Graco seat as far as that goes. The mounted angle looks good as well.

The only issue is that this is an infant seat so I get to do all this again when she outgrows it. However, that will be forward facing and should be a whole lot easier.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Samdog
I think the reason we differ is that mine is a cab and yours is a coupe. The cab has the rollover protection system and probably has 4" less rear seat room. I finally found a seat that works though.

Drumroll please.....The Combi Centre EX sold only at Babies R Us.

They make the Centre DX which is sold everywhere and I think it is exactly the same as the EX but I couldn't find a better deal than Babies R Us anyway.

This seat fits in the rear, rear facing, without the base. The passenger seat doesn't have a ton of travel but it is the best I've seen. I do have my right rear seat removed which is a simple process and adds a few precious inches.

This seat looks to be high quality and actually nicer than our Graco seat as far as that goes. The mounted angle looks good as well.

The only issue is that this is an infant seat so I get to do all this again when she outgrows it. However, that will be forward facing and should be a whole lot easier.
Ahh, that makes sense. I didn't realise the cabn had less room in the back.

I'm glad that you found a seat that works. I'll have to check out the Combi Center EX. I've never heard of it. I'm curious now that you said that it gives you more room than the Britax - that means that it should buy me even more room if I put it in the back of my car.

Thanks for the follow-up!

Quick Reply: Need Rear Facing Baby Seat for Back seat of 996 cab