996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

M030 alternative (but no PSS9)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:02 PM
fabry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know carnewal... but i hope to find it cheaper..
if you have any tip, please let me know.
also, what you call row, here we call euro...
thanks guys...
Old 07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Kevin H. in Atl..
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

fabry,
Try Sunset in Oregon, they were selling them for $974 last year.
http://www.sunsetimports.com/
Old 07-06-2006, 04:30 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fabry
02 carrera, thanks for your answer.
first of all, yes, i meant m030 (but title was right ehehe!).
i saw both eu and us versions of the m030 on carnewal, but never heard about RoW, are u sure that eu and row aren't same thing? i think yes...

where can i get more info..prices.. for that? also, why porsche make a us.. an eu.. and a row version? are you sure, if it exist, that the row will fit my european car (996 c2 m.y. 2003 coming from germany!).
let me know, thanks.

fabry
Fabry,

Europe (Eu) falls into the Rest Of the World (ROW or non-US). Europe gets the ROW suspension, not anything more unique. The question is why does the US get a unique suspenion? Best guess is US ride height restrictions and poor roads. Here is the good reference article on 996 suspensions:

http://www.pca.org/panorama/article_...%20Article.pdf

For pricing, any Porsche dealer can order it. $1350 is pretty rediculous of a price if that is what Carnewel is asking for it. Check with Suncoast.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

02 Carrera is right about the pricing. Not sure where you are located but I ordered my from Sunset Porsche in Oregon and it was $1K shipped to my door!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:40 PM
WearyMicrobe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two questions, can you adjust the ride hight on the ROW M030 suspension, it does not look like it in the pictures.

Second can you purchase without the sway bars, so that I could source GT3 adjustable bars.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:42 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

1. No, it is fixed
2. Yes, but you have to buy the pieces individually.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:27 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
Two questions, can you adjust the ride hight on the ROW M030 suspension, it does not look like it in the pictures.

Second can you purchase without the sway bars, so that I could source GT3 adjustable bars.
1. Spring perches are fixed on the shocks and struts. They are not threaded coilovers like PSS9's or GT3's.
2. Yes you can order the parts separate, but they are much more expensive. In fact, buying just the individual springs, shocks and bump stops will cost more than the entire suspension kit. So yo are better off buying the whole kit.

You should have no problems selling the M030 sway bars on e-bay as they are a bolt-on upgrade for all 996's. Keep in mind that GT3 sway bars are not a direct bolt-on to a non-GT3. You will need to shorten your end links or go to different ones like Agency Power or Racers Group. H&R sway bars are a direct bolt-on that are adjustable. You can get a set of GT3 sway bars with modified end links or a set of H&R's for about $500. My recommendation is to start with the M030 sway bars and see how you like like.

My car is perfectly neutral on a skidpad running the full ROW M030, so I am not sure the value of adjustable sway bars. On the street the body roll is almost neutralized and turn-in is much sharper. At the track on much stickier race tires, body roll is more pronouned; especially in off-on camber transitions. But, this may be more in the limit of the front spring rates and camber than the roll stiffness of the sway bar.

I am going to upgrade to GT3 front control arms to get more camber out of the front end. I want at least 1.5 degrees negative per side to put the car in range for where the MPSC's are designed to work. I currently have no plans to change sway bars.

Quick Reply: M030 alternative (but no PSS9)