Porsche authorized garages

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 11:31 AM
TomP
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche authorized garages

Does Porsche certify non-dealer shops?
If so, how do I make sure a shop is authorized?

I'm trying to find out if a garage that did a 30k on a car for sale is
up to snuff.

tom
Old 07-03-2006, 11:36 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only OPCs (Cfficial Porsche Centers) I've seen have been dealerships.

Independants may have Porsche trained techs on staff, but I've not seen any that get certification fo any kind.

My local indy has Porsche techs, and even the 'official' Porsche diagnostics computer, but that doesn't make it officially certified.

Doesn't worry me - they do great work and know their stuff

And I've been to plent of dealerships where the tech staff are less than wonderful!

From a warranty perspective, in the US, you can have your service done anywhere - and it would be up to Porsche to prove that the non dealership work directly caused an issue later.

Chris.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Kims996Cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
And I've been to plent of dealerships where the tech staff are less than wonderful!
I agree. I have found no correlation between a shop being a Porsche dealer and the quality of the mechanical service done there. Some great, some embarassingly bad.

I get terrific quality work at my local Indy shop, though not much (if any) cheaper. He has a wall covered with Porsche factory training certificates from his days working at a dealer.

It all comes down to a learning curve .... that is sometimes painful, expensive .... or both.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:22 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

In Vegas we had a shop that was "authorized" to do warranty work. The name of the shop is Premier motorsports / White Lightning Racing. Not exactly sure what that means but apparently alot of people in the local PCA chapter that were less than impressed with our crappy dealer (went through some really badtimes) ONLY use Premier Motorsports for warranty repairs and service. So my guess is YES, PCNA will certify a shop to do work.

Quick Reply: Porsche authorized garages