996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

wiring diagram for Becker OEM stereo head unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006 | 08:36 PM
Stevo'99
Three Wheelin'

Default wiring diagram for Becker OEM stereo head unit

I'm right in the middle of a complete new stereo installation and figured I'd post this wiring diagram for anyone who wanted it.

http://www.beckerautosound.com/porscheconn.html

I removed my CDR-220 and am installing:

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X889 head unit
Kenwood KDC-C719 10-disc changer
Kenwood KAC-8401 4-channel amp
Kenwood KAC-849 4-channel amp
MB Quart 4" Premium component in dash
MB Quart 6-1/2" Premium component in doors (still trying to figure out what to do with the tweets...)
MB Quart 4" Discus coax's in rear side panels
Mystery subs in custom box (to be purchased and box built to go behind rear seats) 8's or 10's, not sure yet - probably going to go with MB Quart DWE's and am thinking of using a single 10"

I'm nearly done with the head unit and wiring to trunk where I will mount the amps and changer. I already had quite the learning curve when I installed my carbon fiber kit last year so minor dismantling is turning out to be not too bad.

Any thoughts on where to mount the pair of tweets for the component kits for the doors? I was thinking of mounting them in the rear side panel tweeter mounts since the rears will be coax's. If I do this I'll put the crossovers in the trunk and wire separately to woofers and tweets. I hope that's ok to run them that far separately...
Old 06-25-2006 | 10:46 AM
screameleons
Instructor

Quick question. Is there any way to add a line out for the becker cdr220? I have a sirius radio that I'd like to plug in directly. I am currently using the FM transmitter.

TIA

Quick Reply: wiring diagram for Becker OEM stereo head unit