Sponsored by:

Hardtop fitting on a hardtop delete option 996 cab

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 03:46 AM
Graham
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Hardtop fitting on a hardtop delete option 996 cab

My 996 cab originally came with the hardtop delete option. I have since been offered a great deal on a hardtop that I'd like to fit to the car.

I understand that to fit the hardtop I need the Porsche hardtop locking key/allen key wrench and also a trim cover for the hardtop locking area.

There is also a wiring loom upgrade available to enable the defroster - has anyone used the hardtop WITHOUT this? Should I bother with this expensive upgrade?

(In reality the hardtop will probably just sit in the garage forever but it's nice to have for resale).

Thanks in advance,
Old 11-09-2001, 04:13 PM
Speed
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Graham:

I had a '99 cab with the hardtop (which was not a delete option when I ordered it) and like having it in the winter. It was certainly easier cleaning snow off the glass rear window rather than the plastic of the covertible top and well as having the defroster. Indeed, when I traded the '99 for an '02, I elected to order the hardtop for the new car as well. I defininetly think the defroster is a plus if it's not too expensive to retrofit. I've also heard of some people with cabs and Boxters keeping the hardtop when they trade in and using it on the new car, even if it has to be repainted to match.

Quick Reply: Hardtop fitting on a hardtop delete option 996 cab