996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

The deal on after market litronics

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Chucksta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you get the litronics as a T-equipment add on for a 2003 996?

Or does it have to be ordered from the factory?
Old 03-22-2003, 11:31 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
Hey all - the Litronics have two " moving " motor driven functions . One is to tilt the low beam up when high beam is on. The other is self-leveling with factory installed units. Willard, the control box you refer to in the bonnet simply tells the low beam to tilt up via a motor 15 degrees to simultaneously project farther when the high beam is turned on also . That's what the wiring harness that comes with add- on kit is for. ( Actually you can just swap out orig halogen unit to Litronic unit w/o even hooking up the supplied control harness and it will work, but low beam will not be powered to tilt up when high beam is on , so you lose some performance ). The motor whirring and beam tilt up/down on ignition start up is a test function, whether you have OEM self leveling or not. Self leveling requires sensors factory installed in the suspension .
I know all this since I added Litronics to my former '99.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:03 PM
willard
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well all I can tell you is that the module is attached with velcro and if I change its position the headlamps move. When I first got it the headlamps were aimed too high, too many oncoming flashers, so I had them adjusted.

Then I later discovered all I had to do was change the mount angle of the sensor.

A homebrew perhaps?
Old 03-22-2003, 01:29 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
So your system is not the factory retrofit ? My response only applies to the factory retrofit kit. Who knows what is put into non factory kits- sounds like they included one of the several sensors on your kit , but how accurate will it be ?

Quick Reply: The deal on after market litronics