Sponsored by:

Squeaky front suspension on my 02 996 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:35 PM
japser23
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky front suspension on my 02 996 Cab

I have an 02 996 Cab and after I drive the car hard for little while. The front suspension started to squeak as I drive over every little bump in the road. The dealer keeps telling me this is performance car not a Lexus.
Is this normal for an 02 996 with 35K miles?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:14 AM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

here is what you need to do. go to the dealer, get out of your car, find that guy. Take your hand and put it by your ear fully open. take aim on his face and bitch slap him...

you might want to check a couple of things... First, under the hood, the check the strut tops if they have play. For some reason they could be worn and the shock shaft is moving around. Second... put the car on a lift, jack stands and remove the wheel from where it is making the noise. check the sway bar links. it is possible a joint is not moving or suspension is rubbing somewhere. Also check your brake pads, old brake pads squeak even if you are not breaking at low speeds.

Hopefully those are helpful hints. If you can pinpoint the noise, let me know and I will try to be more percise!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
forbes500
6th Gear

I have the same problem withh my '99 996 cab, I sent it back to the dealer and they replaced the top mount to no avail, and still couldn't track it down. Looks like if you need a job done right you need to do it yourself...
Old 03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vividracing
here is what you need to do. go to the dealer, get out of your car, find that guy. Take your hand and put it by your ear fully open. take aim on his face and bitch slap him...
Haha

Anyway, I had a similar problem, but it turned out to be worn out control arms. I could swap them DIY. As a starter, I recommend that you spray all the suspension-related bushings with some high temperature lubricant, like HHS Wurth. The noise might go away.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by discoganya
Haha

Anyway, I had a similar problem, but it turned out to be worn out control arms. I could swap them DIY. As a starter, I recommend that you spray all the suspension-related bushings with some high temperature lubricant, like HHS Wurth. The noise might go away.

+1

Wurth HHS helped for a few days at a time, but eventually I got irritated enough to replace the control arm. End of problem
Old 03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

you know.... i had the same problem a while back.... then it went away for about 2-3 months...... now it's back.......i'm convinced it's a ghost...... and all porsche's have them..... just some are restless, and others are a pain in the ***....... mine happens to be the latter.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:45 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lower control arm
the plastic bushing has gone bad.

Quick Reply: Squeaky front suspension on my 02 996 Cab