Sponsored by:

White Trash Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 01:18 PM
Gene Schumann
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post White Trash Corvette

I don't really care if a Chevy or a modified Honda Civic could beat the 996TT. The bottom line is, the white trash Dearborn car manufacturers make the cars for the white trash community in the US..and it's definately not for me. I visited Detroit Michigan once for the International Auto Show and I was the only one on the MI highways driving a German car (BMW M5). Seeing the community of people driving the American cars, I swore to myself that there is no way in the world would I want to own one of those American cars.

I wouldn't be surprised to see '02 Corvettes towing trailers into trailer parks.
Old 09-08-2001, 02:05 PM
Carlos
Banned

Pardon me but do you have some "Grey Poupon?" Beware of rain. With your snoot so high you might drown. By the way Gene, trash is not determined by net worth, i.e. your neighbors, the Kennedys. It is a lack of class. And your post brings to mind an old axiom, "low class is better than no class at all." Based on your post, I'll be looking for you when "Springer" goes to Boca.
Old 09-08-2001, 02:44 PM
Jeff C
Advanced

Gene,
You're the kind of owner that gives Porsche a bad name. An attitude that people will buy a car simply for the name will be the demise of any company. If only people could buy class you might have some!!
Enjoy your TT if you have one....
Old 09-08-2001, 04:04 PM
Carlos from Spain
Burning Brakes

Gene, people like you make people like Carlos an Comp. think like they do about 996 owners. Get some therapy, you have some serious complexes that make you see thingd that way.

Carlos from Spain.
Old 09-08-2001, 04:26 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Gene, you are the kind of person that keep Porsches comming to people like me at reasonable prices. Keep 'um coming!
Old 09-08-2001, 04:41 PM
Gene Schumann
4th Gear

I don't know about you guys, but the Corvette drivers I see disgust me. Arms hanging outside window, driving with a posture leaning to the left side of the car, etc etc. I don't even want to discuss their appearances. I would not want to identify or share the same car with them. Imagine going to a Corvette club meet *swoon*.

Ans yes Carlos, class is not about net worth. It's about culture. I don't wish to start a flame war, I'm just voicing my thoughts in writing.

Jeff, If Porsche drivers were the same, I would avoid Porsche too.

But you have to admit American cars do have that sort of white trash image. Good luck to your Chevys..I know u guys have one.
Old 09-08-2001, 04:55 PM
Graham
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This guy is obviously a troll.

If not, then a moron.
Old 09-08-2001, 07:27 PM
Carlos
Banned

This guy reminds me of the old joke. What's the differece between a porqupine and a Porsche? On a porqupine, the ***** is on the outside.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:14 PM
Gene Schumann
4th Gear

Carlos,

I'm glad your community of friends even have that Porsche (sour grape) joke. Why then would you want to buy your 15 yr old $10,000 Porsche? Maybe you should just spend your money on a 1993 Corvette. Stop being a wannabe, you're not exactly "one of us".
Old 09-08-2001, 11:36 PM
H. Miller
Racer

You're not getting it guys.
The best way to respond to Gene and Maxeemom is to NOT RESPOND.
Stop giving them the pleasure of responding to their emotion evoking trash and it will drive them nuts.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:45 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts
Talking

Gene the Third Reich went down a long time ago. You're about 56 years too late. Tell me, how can you downshift into fast corners with those iron boots on?
Old 09-09-2001, 12:48 AM
Jeff C
Advanced

Originally posted by Gene Schumann:
<STRONG>
Stop being a wannabe, you're not exactly "one of us".</STRONG>
One of us? Gene, you've been a member for three days!

"Jeff, If porsche drivers were the same, I would avoid porsche too." You are the first person I have ever found who chooses their car not based on performance, look, history, comfort or reliability but by the other people who drive them! Now I have heard everything!!!
Old 09-09-2001, 11:46 AM
Carlos from Spain
Burning Brakes

Well Gene, actually none of us here is "one of yours". And Carlos, like you said, is not "one of yours" because he is "one of ours".
Do us all a favor and either sell your Porsche or drive it with a paper bag over your head so you don´t embarrass us.

Carlos from Spain.

Quick Reply: White Trash Corvette