Sponsored by:

Newbe Cab owner with questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 04:16 PM
Cab-boy
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbe Cab owner with questions

Well, I finally am going to get my dream car, ordered a MY02 C2 Cab on friday. (Orient Red, Grey/grey) It will be November production, so I guess I have a wait until January. I currently have an Audi S4 avant and Allroad, and have allways performed the routine maintenance on my cars myself. It would be great if someone could point me to a source for DIY instructions (oil, brakes, Plugs, etc) on these automobiles. Thanks in advance, and looking forward to a great ride......
Old 09-05-2001, 04:17 AM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. Your car, when it comes in, will be brand new, there won't be much in the way of maintenance for some time and when needed, I don't think it'll be much. I think the first oil change isn't for 15,000 miles. I think you can buy a shop manual fairly easily, might even be able to get one from the dealer and I've seen one on eBay too. It was pricey though.

To satisfy your DIY urges you'll probably have a lot of fun making upgrades and making the car really yours. You can do headers, mufflers, air filter, short shift kit and all sorts of other cool stuff.

Keep reading this board and you'll get loads of ideas. Congratulations on your forthcoming ride.

I just did a quick search and it seems that the manuals easily available are a couple years old at the newest. I think the 996 set I saw was for '99. You might have trouble finding one. But then for specific questions, there's a great wealth of knowledge on this board. Some of the regular posters are very knowledgable.

Quick Reply: Newbe Cab owner with questions