Alarm problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 05:29 PM
colin.plastow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Alarm problem?

There are only two things that need attention on my 99 C2. A refreshing change from my old 928. One is the height adjustment on the drivers seat which I think I can figure out. The other is what I think is a fault with the alarm. It seems like it sets OK and the led on the dash flashes but it beeps at me twice a short time after I set it. I'm pretty sure that's an indication that something isn't quite right unless it's just saying bye bye as I walk away. Boy I'll be glad when I get the owners manual from the dealer that sold me the car. Is it a fault? If so, any common causes before I start digging? I'll also chance my luck as a newbie by asking if anyone knows where one might get one's hands on a schematic? In deference to John D's request an off list reply would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin
Old 05-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes. A beep means one of more sensors are triggered. Most obvious causes are: sunroof open/vent open, center console storage box not shut tight or microswitch bad, front trunk microswitch bad. There are other causes that your dealer can readout with a PST2 tester but these are most common.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:52 PM
colin.plastow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Loren, I'll have a quick look at the things you mentioned to see if there's anything obvious.

Colin
Old 05-28-2003, 02:07 PM
raffi
Pro

hey colin, I had the same problem checked all the doors, sunroof, center console, couldnt find the problem. Then I decided to open up the front trunk locking mechanism. That is where the problem was in my case. I just made a slight adjustment in the locking mechanism (the microswitch Loren speaks of) and everything is ok now.

Quick Reply: Alarm problem?