Sponsored by:

Fun ten days (kind of long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 12:21 AM
dbelleperc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Fun ten days (kind of long)

Well I sure had a fun week and a half. I drove a 2000 Boxster, 1999 996 C2, and 2000 996 C2 Cab, Tip. and went to the autocross. The Boxster was an excellent car, good performance, quiet, excellent brakes and a good price 22,000 miles for 25,000 dollars. Now I steped up to the plate and took out the 99 996, just the sound of the engine made me drool , exited the dealership and took off into the sun. He was kind of scared and told me were to go, "to take off." As we approach the U-Turn he spoke at the last minute and I was hard on the brakes and there was no problem there, I made the u-turn and there was just open road in front of me, I was rolling about 10mph and just put the pedal to the metal shifting at 6500 and then second came whoooo hoooo shifted to third and looked at the digital speed in front of me, I was going over 90 on the city streets. So I had to do it, speed up to 105 and then on the brembo brakes and try to get that smile off my face. Now the 2000 Cab Tip. I didn't expect this from the cab. tip, but it performed almost just the same. But this time we went on the freeway. Had the top down and everybody was looking at us. So I had to show off. This dealer was real cool about everything. As we approached the on ramp everything is going through my mind. Damn! there is a slow *** truck in front of us. So I drop a gear to second and looked over my shoulder, turned on the signal and started to pass. Got it up to 85-90 ish and took the exit. But now was the fun time. Went on the on ramp and again people looking, but if you are in San Diego and going down 8 west past SDSU towards Mission Valley it is about 5-9% downgrade. After the turn around the on ramp it is a big stright away, accelerating down it and was in flight. Entering on the freeway at about 110 and kepted on going and passing. But then the fun time was over and we pulled back into the dealership and the day was over. But once again the smile was from ear to ear. And that car is a babe magnet. But all in all that is why I read all this in Rennlist you guys and girls talking about Porsche. Keep on motoring.

Quick Reply: Fun ten days (kind of long)