Sponsored by:

Urgent: extended warranty advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006 | 06:07 AM
jkb
Racer

Originally Posted by alex911s
what are you looking for btw?
oh i dont know... world peace, better president in a white house, cheaper gas prices... oh wait, you mean the car? Ahhhh!

i started with 1999-2000 model years since my original budget was 30K for a used Z4. but i fell in love with 911s after looking closer at them.

basically i dont have a lot of criterias in terms of options (since i can DIY and aftermarket lots of it it seems like). i like working on cars and with 7er there isn't much to be done, so 911 would really be my DIY/mods car.

but here is some things i have in mind:

1) super clean car. super clean car usually translates to low miles: under 35K (i am so picky about my cars: always park far, always wash them myself with microfiber towels, never trust valet parkers, etc.)

2) must be manual and cabriolet. would prefer C2 - dont think i need C4 and so i would be paying for something i dont want.

3a) some options i want: heated seats, power seats, 3-spoke steering wheel
3b) some options i like: full leather, PSM, litronic

4) sounds like 2002 is the way to go: new headlights, glass window, more HP, etc. so i guess ideal car is 2002 C2S or C2 cab 6speed under 35K miles.

i dont mind paying a little premium if i get what i want.

do you work at carlsen or just a good client? i usually try to avoid dealers when it comes to used cars, but i'll probably cave in this case. i have a great relationship with BMW of Allison (both sales and service) which i worked hard on establishing. if i get a p-car, i'll have to do the same with a new dealer.
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:13 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Looks like you're a Bimmer fan. The new M Roadster is out and the new V8 M3 will be following soon.
Old 06-07-2006 | 03:48 PM
jkb
Racer

yeah, i was debating for a while if i should get a used 911 or new m roadster.

Quick Reply: Urgent: extended warranty advice needed