Sponsored by:

Porsche Stability Management

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 03:16 PM
Cydog
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Porsche Stability Management

Any comments (pros/cons) on the Porsche Stability Management option? Has it ever helped or "saved" you in extreme situations?

I am looking to puchase a 2002 C2 Cabriolet. I tend to drive aggressively every now and then.

Thanks in advance from a Rennlist newbie.
Old 07-25-2002, 05:03 PM
brobbinson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very significant driver safety enhancement (like very sophisticated traction control). I strongly recommend it. I keep it on all the time, unless I'm tracking. Its subtle - you likely will not realize it when it activates, other than a light in the dash.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:37 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Cydog:
<strong>Any comments (pros/cons) on the Porsche Stability Management option? Has it ever helped or "saved" you in extreme situations?

I am looking to puchase a 2002 C2 Cabriolet. I tend to drive aggressively every now and then.

Thanks in advance from a Rennlist newbie.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Have never had it go on during regular or aggressive street driving. I do, however, highly recommend it for that one time in your life that you may need it. It may just save your life, your car, or both. For the track, here's an excerpt from one of my older posts:

"Finally got the perfect drift on an off-camber left hander and carried good speed into the immediately following tight 100-120 degree right hander. This allowed my best exit speed into the straight. Was congratulating myself and I forgot to shift!! Hit the limiter briefly, then upshifted. Was berating myself, forgot about the upcoming right hander!! Late on the brakes, I knew I wasn't going to make it. With a clickety clack, PSM kicks in and the car dumps a whole bunch of speed. This allowed me to get back on the gas and through the corner."

Just get it!
Old 07-26-2002, 04:25 AM
SpeedFreak01
4th Gear

For the average P-driver, this is a smart option to order. Use it as a learning tool though, and don't get into the habbit of relying on it, because no matter how great it is, it cannot defy the laws of physics. On the c4 cars it is exceptionally great, because it activates considerably later and less noticably.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:23 PM
John Murray
Racer

I will follow suit on this one, get PSM. You will not regret it. There is nothing bad about it....
Old 07-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
PSM is amazing. I've only had it go on twice and both times I was VERY glad it did.
Old 07-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
It came on one time for me. 2" of snow on the road, heavy snow coming down, driving in VT in late Feb. (Just outside the entrance to Pico for those who are familiar with the state).

No snow tires, took a chance on the weather and it backfired

I was glad PSM came on when it did..

Quick Reply: Porsche Stability Management