996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Dansk Reviews from Dallas Euro!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:49 PM
911mz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dansk Reviews from Dallas Euro!!

I just bought Dansk, and have been hearing positive reviews on Dansk, however this local shop called Dallas Euro cars said that Dansk is actually one of lowest quality mufflers out there as soon as I mentioned the name, now whats up with that, and he doesn't seems to be joking either. Also the guy said dansk only makes aftermarket exhuast not affiliate with the OEM parts. I have a feeling he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Now I don't mean to bash the product as I stand 100% behind Dayton and his crew, I just want yall to know about this.

So for all of you fellas who has dansk, what do you think about that statement?

Last edited by 911mz; 06-01-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think he knows what he's taking about. They clearly say OEM parts on them and my mechanic would have pointed it out if they were an inferior product. This guy at Dallas Euro probably isn't familiar with them and so just just bashed them.

Besides, I've got them on my car, they sound great, everyone I've showed them too thinks they sound great. They went on with no problems at all. So no complaints from me.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:25 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Troy R
They clearly say OEM parts on them and my mechanic would have pointed it out if they were an inferior product.
You mean they have a Porsche p/n? Or are you saying they are OEM Dansk?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

opions opinions there are like A-holes ...everybody has one!!! Sorry but I had to say this.

I don't know if they are inferior...and the only way to find out is to cut one open (like the guys from Fabspeed did) and show the insides....the welding on the Dansk exhaust are okay..not as great as the ones I have seen on the Fabspeed...but I think the fabspeed sound a little to muscle car like (not bad but not what I was looking for)
By no means do I think that Dansk are superior products...not having any serial number or type numbers on the exhausts makes me a little mad.....I like to see what I eat and always check the ingredients!!! And when I buy a part I would like to see some kind of brandname, serial # or type indication!
BUT I don't think they are inferior either.....they looked good, the fit was perfect and they sound good....so what is inferior about it....Oh and no resonance whatsover at any speed!

About the OEM part.....I read that they made exhaust for Porsche for a while (remember Porsche puts the cars together, but gets most of their parts made elsewhere..to their specifications...and they give the contracts to manufacturers who get them the best price!! it is all a money game!!!
Dansk sells a pair of exhaust that look exactly like the originals...but they supposes to sound sportier...I listened to the soundclips for hours.....yes I am a mad man!!!.....and found the original looking "cans" to quiet...at first I thought they were the regular ones!

In the end I was going so mad..that I just went for what I thought sounded best...and it was between the PSE's and the Dansk's......for 1/2 the price and with a little louder sound I went for the Dansk's....i still think they could have been louder...but like I stated I am a mad man!! Ask my wife and kid!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Troy R
Racer

Originally Posted by evo_333
You mean they have a Porsche p/n? Or are you saying they are OEM Dansk?
They don't have a Porsche p/n but the box mine came in had a black sticker on them with some info. I thought my wife had thrown it away, but she found it in the trash in time. I believe there was some OEM language on them. I'll take a look tonight and see if I can't scan it in tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Neighbor
Instructor

911mz, I'm in Dallas also. If you get them installed, would you mind letting me hear them in person?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:18 PM
911mz
Advanced

yea no problem, where you from in Dallas

Originally Posted by Neighbor
911mz, I'm in Dallas also. If you get them installed, would you mind letting me hear them in person?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:29 PM
eddiemou
Advanced

hi Neighbor/911mz, I just put a set Gemballa on my C2, wanna do a comparsion with Dansk? I'm interest to hear that in person too.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:23 PM
911mz
Advanced

No problem, I want to meet with fella 996 owners in Dallas, do you have like a car club or something, I'll let you guys know once I install them.

Originally Posted by eddiemou
hi Neighbor/911mz, I just put a set Gemballa on my C2, wanna do a comparsion with Dansk? I'm interest to hear that in person too.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Neighbor
Instructor

Great, looking forward to it. Now, if we can find someone with Fabspeed and one with PSE, we'll be golden!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Troy R
Racer

For clarification, the Dansk sticker on the box I received said "Porsche O.E. Quality Parts" - for what it's worth.

I'll be interested to hear what you guys think of the different exhausts once you hear them in person.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:53 PM
eddiemou
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911mz
No problem, I want to meet with fella 996 owners in Dallas, do you have like a car club or something, I'll let you guys know once I install them.
not really a car club. it just happen we have couple 996s in our family/friend circle. we went out for a backroad drive on memorial day weekend. funny that we all felt we need lower our "SUV" after carving around...

M030/X73 - here we come!

Originally Posted by Neighbor
Great, looking forward to it. Now, if we can find someone with Fabspeed and one with PSE, we'll be golden!
both my cousin's C4S and friend's 40th had PSE so it's easy. any fabspeed owner want chip in? GHL maybe?

when we get together, we should all go to addison tunnel wake up some neighbor...
Old 06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Count me in on the exhaust meeting...or the exhausting meeting? Just got an 02 and would like to hear all the available choices also.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:18 PM
911mz
Advanced

okay once I put it on I'll post here, I think I 'll have Autoscope do the work, the guy seems knows what he's talking about, later on I might take his suggestions to add GIAC and Evo intake
Old 06-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Neighbor
Instructor

Looks like you going with RUF 911mz, wise decision. Let me know when you'd like to get together for comparison. Again, I just have stock, but am unterested in a new exhaust.

Quick Reply: Dansk Reviews from Dallas Euro!!