Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

X73, MPSC, and the AWD line at Watkins (Vid)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts
Default X73, MPSC, and the AWD line at Watkins (Vid)

Was at Watkins Glen last weekend with ARPCA. I am awed by the X73/MPSC combo on the C4S. The car was outcornering almost everybody. I thought I'd post a few in car vids.

This was during the advanced run group. I picked to show an Elise, since the Elise is an acknowleged "track toy". With the X73, MPSC, and the AWD line, the C4S easily outcorners it.

Had to cut the vid into segments to be able to upload with any decent quality. First vid shows the car catching up to the Elise. At turn one, I pushed it due to the reputation of the Elise. Had to brake at the exit as I almost ran into him! Caught

Down into the boot. You can see the difference in the AWD line at the toe. Almost ran into him again at the heel. He finally gives a passing signal. Pass

Tons of fun!! There were other interesting passes, but the cam ran out of disc space.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:39 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Palting - Very nice vids! I really enjoyed them.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:41 PM
StuartFirm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. Your drive lines look very smooth.

A little OT, but what type of camera and camera mount are you using?
Old 05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was cool, thanks for sharing, it's so fun passing people in their cars that on paper should be faster. Looks like you have very little body roll are you using the stock sway bars? How are those MPSCs working out? I might try those next.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for the comments. Glad you enjoyed them. It's the I/O mount, mounted on the harness bar. Camera is a Sony DCR-DVD203. Not so sure I like the DVD format. There's only enough memory for about 20 mins HQ vid, shorter than the run time. Also, for some reason, it stops recording anywhere between 15-20 mins. Maybe it shuts down from too much vibration when the steady-shot technology get's overwhelmed. It has a socket for external A/V input, so I may hook up a lipstick cam to it next time.

Yup, the sway bars are stock. To be clear, though, the C4S comes stock with the sport suspension, what would otherwise be the M030 for the C2. Finally got the MPSC's to wear evenly on the track at -2.0 camber in the rear. The MPSC's are awesome once they're in heat with the pressures dialed in.

Quick Reply: X73, MPSC, and the AWD line at Watkins (Vid)