Sponsored by:

hynesinkc

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 08:56 PM
hynesinkc
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hynesinkc

To answer a question as to whether the Porsche Driving Experince teaches heel and toe technique they certainly do. I attended the PDE at Barber Motorsports in 2005 and we had no problems heel and toeing which according to multiple postings by Imangine Auto should not be possible. Any comments? evo superchargered 1996 C4 with giac chip. Also evo themselves and sharkwerks say they have not had a problem with their customers who track their cars like I do.
feel free to email me at hynesinkc@msn.com
Old 05-27-2006, 10:33 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

You are taking Stephen's posting out of context. He was referring specifically to drive by wire:

I originally told you that you could not heel toe a drive by wire car
as I understand it.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:19 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Correct. Dr Hynes' car is a drive by wire car, not a drive by cable car which they use in the Porsche Driving Experience.

When you were using heel toe at the DE event, the car was cutting out. As soon as you stopped doing any heel toe driving, the car stopped cutting out. This should be a hint that you can not heel toe the drive by wire car.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:55 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are some lines in various post on this board and others...

I contacted Porsche, they said on three occasions that they knew of the problem but in 2000
they had modified the car to disable the accelerator when braking!!!!.... my dealer says he can't help me!?
In Helimad's case, the brakes are applied first, THEN comes the throttle. So both will try to do their job, exactly as designed. No safety design flaw here, no reason to sue anyone. If someone tries to accelerate while under braking, the car shouldn't take the blame.
Pushing the brake pedal will cut the throttle after a little while, yes.
He's right, its the e-gas. There's no way to correct it im told, eventually you just learn to compensate and blip the throttle a lot deeper when you heel and toe.
Seems others have heard of it.

Quick Reply: hynesinkc