Sponsored by:

evo cold air intake,headers, exhaust,k&n filters

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post evo cold air intake,headers, exhaust,k&n filters

Is there noticible difference in power? Is it worth the money? I already have the exhaust. Does it void the warranty? Also do you have problems with the check engine light coming on? Headers and intake and k&n filters run $1775.00. I did call Beverly Hills Porsche, and I did not get an exact answer if the warranty would be void. There comment was many people come in with the check engine light proplem. Is there anyone that ran into this problem.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:11 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

There are some federal laws that cover this but basically its common sense. If the part breaks, not covered, ift he part causes something to break, not covered, if it has nothing else to do with it... covered.

Example... headers should not void your warranty on brakes

Example... and overoiled air filter that damages your mass air.. will void warranty on mass air

Use your head and work with your dealer
Old 10-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Mike Poutre
1st Gear

The power is noticable above 4000 rpm,along with the new intake noise you will get.I think the investment is worth it.The check engine light did come on a couple of times.I had my local dealer reset it.After getting feed up with the lightcoming on i sent my motronic to roock motorsports in germany and haven,t had a problem since then.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:49 PM
Fluke996
Intermediate

Exclamation

FWIW,when I was trying to decide on aftermarket exhaust for my 996, my service advisor said that due to the high number of check engine lights that were coming in after "non-porsche" exhausts were installed, they would not honor the service as a warranty item. Now I have no clue if this is a fact, a dealer decision, or what, but I decided to put the Porsche exhaust on just to avoid a problem. It does sound good, but is more expensive and doesn't add any HP by itself.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:39 PM
blustem
Instructor

Ron, I had B&B heads. and muffs installed (by my dealer when the car came in on order-'01 996 c-2 coup).I then installed a True Flow filter kit from RM racing -It was easy,I did it myself.YES the check engine light came on but only after 8 months of having the airbox mod. installed- no such problem with the exhaust mods.My dealer reset the light and charged me $80.00 but informed me that the warranty is still very much intact however what Ed said is true.These mods. will not void the warranty unless they damage the car(which is highly unlikely). BY the way, my car SEEMED much faster to me, especially from 4000 to 6000 rpm. I can't even imagine what an E.C.U upgrade would have done. I just traded my '01 to the dealer for an '03 c-2 coupe w/powerkit-won't be here 'till March(or I would have pursued the E.C.U upgrade).I think that some of these folks who do mods.(ecu, exhaust, etc..)and see no results are not having it done correctly. good luck -Blustem
Old 10-15-2002, 12:15 AM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

The modifications would be done by By Design. I would think they are very reputable. Any one have this done by them?

Quick Reply: evo cold air intake,headers, exhaust,k&n filters