Sponsored by:

bulge on sidewall Pzero's

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:56 AM
jose ricardo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bulge on sidewall Pzero's

I just discovered a slight bulge on the sidewall of my front passenger side Pirelli Pzero, 18/225 after inspecting due to a vibration at speeds of 260kph. Has anyone experienced this with Pirelli's. Had it on my boxster, but never got a bulge. It's got about 70% tread life. I'll be changing tires soon, what is recommended. In my part of the world, a set of tires for our Pcars can set you back for about $4k. thanks in advance.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:43 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Jose - I had two sets of Pirelli P-Zero tires on my C2 and did not experience any sidewall bulges. Maybe you can take the car to a tire shop and get a replacement tire for free, or at least, get a prorated price on the replacement tire. It could be a manufacturing defect. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:27 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Kumusta Jose?

My right rear Pirelli P-Zero Rosso (about 3 sets ago) developed a blister/bubble on the sidewall after I ran over some road debris. A blister can also develop if you accidentally hit the curb while parking. You should definitely get it replaced as soon as you can -- it cannot be fixed. I would even drive the other car until the tire has been replaced.

With 70% tread life remaining on your other tire, you might be able to get away with just buying one tire although I would recommend you get a new pair of tires. Maybe you can sell the other tire on eBay Philippines?

Edit: Have you Manila guys done any fun runs recently? I loved the pictures from Tagaytay that you posted last time.

Last edited by programmatore; 05-21-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:02 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with prorammatore, change out is required.

The buldge happens when the structure of the sidewall is damaged, either by running over a pothole, or debris, or clipping a curb.

I had exactly the same issue when I hit a pothole on an off ramp, tire bulged immediately.

No way to fix it other than replace it - and soon - it could blow out at speed in this condition.

Chris.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:54 AM
jose ricardo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot guys! It's the damn roads over here...I probably couln't tell since I have the sports suspension. I'll have it replaced then just to be safe.

I'll post more pictures soon Programmatore.

Quick Reply: bulge on sidewall Pzero's