Sponsored by:

Violent Power

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 06:22 AM
Craig.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Violent Power

After sharing dinner this evening with another couple, the guys wanted to go see a movie, but the wives were too tired. Thus, my friend and I each dropped off our wives at home then met up again and saw a 10:00 pm showing of Red Dragon. My friend insisted that we take my car (I didn’t need any arm twisting). The movie let out after 12:00 am.

The cross-section of cars on the road after 12:00 am is profoundly different than during the daytime. It seemed as though there was a boy racer next to me at every stop light and, naturally, most wanted to race. I initially resisted the temptation and let them blast off the line without challenge. Then, a BMW M5 pulled up next to me. My friend and I looked at the M5, then looked at each other, then nodded in agreement.

When the light turned green, I pushed the peddle to the floor. Given that I only have 1600 miles on the car, this was the first time I tested the full potential of the car. The M5 also gunned his engine and leapt off the line. After ten feet, he was actually a hair ahead of me. Then, the X50 K24 turbos kicked in and unleashed a violent power like nothing I have ever experienced before. My friend and I were thrown backwards as the car catapulted forwards. A second later the M5 was in my rear view mirror and I pulled further away with each shift of the gears. It was absolutely exhilarating. The power is truly violent.

I quickly slowed down and drove the next mile at a very mellow pace. Then, I observed a car rapidly approaching in my rear view. The car -- a 300ZX with extensive modifications -- blasted past me at a very rapid pace. At the next light, I pulled up next to the 300ZX and chatted with the driver. He has after market twin turbos, an exhaust, and many other modifications. He suggested that we “compare” our cars on an adjacent, essentially abandoned street. My friend nodded with approval and off we went. After making a slow pass to ensure that there were no cops, pedestrians or other cars present, we agreed on a rolling start. Upon depressing the gas peddle, I once again violently lurched forward and left the 300ZX in the dust. I think the turbocharged 300ZX may have been a tad faster than the M5.

I drove no faster than 45 the rest of the way home and called it a night.

The violent power generated by my car, and the resulting forces, are truly astounding. I am awestruck. However, this power requires both attention and prudence. I must temper my exuberance and avoid the temptation to unleash my car at every green light. Prior to this evening, I had resisted the frequent challenges. While I had fun this evening (actually it was this morning), I cannot make this a regular occurrence. What I really need to do is get my car to a track as soon as possible.

This car continues to expand my horizons on a daily basis.

Craig (L.A.)
Old 10-05-2002, 11:19 AM
John Murray
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome story. Awesome car. Good Luck....
Old 10-05-2002, 11:25 AM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Craig. I keep a low profile. I loved reading your message. Your car is beautiful. One day I will spring for a turbo. Probably my next car. My friend wants me to buy a ferrari, but I have had four porsches. Hard to change.

Quick Reply: Violent Power