996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Which Chicago area dealers are good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 11:45 PM
VikDiddy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Which Chicago area dealers are good?

My dad is looking into buying a 2003 Carrera and I was wondering if anyone would recommend a dealer in the Chicago Land area? TIA.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:10 AM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
The Porsche Exchange in Highland Park is good and Westmont Porsche is also a good dealer. As for deals... cant help you there.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts
Vik

I'll echo Eric on The Exchange. My first choice in the area. Also had two good experiences at Motorwerks (Bob Rosson/sales) in Barrington.

Also would recommend he joins PCA after he takes delivery. Lots of father/son combos. You'll have a ball together.

Eric

Do you have any experience with mods? Who would you recommend?

M
Old 01-25-2003, 11:29 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Andrew Smith was the sales guy at Lynch but recently went over to Napleton. I've bought and sold several cars thru him. He'll definitely give you the best price that ownership will allow. Also, a very nice guy. In the Chicago area, the best time to do this is in Dec. or Jan. with a foot of snow on the ground. It helps if you're willing to take winter delivery. AS
Old 01-25-2003, 06:55 PM
T Hendricks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have found Napleton Porsche (Westmont)to be the best for both sales and service. Motorwerks (Barrington) is also a great dealership, although their Porsche allocations seem to be lower than both Napleton and The Exchange.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:54 PM
rumster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only offer my personal experience. . .I have found Joe Rizza in Orland Park to be excellent. I have serviced through both Lynch and Rizza, but recently bought my C4S through Rizza. They were the only dealership in the Chicago area that was willing to give me a decent markdown on the car. . .

Quick Reply: Which Chicago area dealers are good?