996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Car with new bumper *photos*

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 12:49 PM
tentster
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As programmatore said, you can't change to clear on the old style lights (unless they are litronics) because the housing is yellow, but, it really is easy to change, just a little teadious. My friend and I did his boxster and it outcome is amazing. I was going to do the same thing, but, that then I took the plunge on the facelift.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:32 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

im going to disagree with the rest here - if there could only be one other mod i would say wheels! that car is begging for some MY02 5-spokes if on a budget, or something more exotic if not.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarreraMark
nice job on the bumper --- I wouldnt worry about it looking like a turbo .... the std 996s with the turbo look bumper, side skirst, and a tail seem to have more of an aero kit look .... Unless of course you plan on adding the turbo badge .... then you will be an outcast!!!!!

Out of curiousity, whu did you go with the mesh over the grills?
Thanks ! And naah ... won't be doing the turbo lookalike thingy. Will be myself !

Good question on the mesh. I actually saw a bunch of photographs which had the regular grill (like more turbos, C4S's) and also a bunch of cars with the mesh too. The meshes looked different and I personally liked that look. They cost roughly the same because even though the mesh is cheaper as a part, it requires some extra preparation work.

Plus if I went with the grills I'd have to cut the front bumper rod (the real bumper, the steel horizontal frame behind the plastic bumper) by 1" on either ends. But the decision was based mostly on the mesh look.

Quick Reply: Car with new bumper *photos*