Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

$900 for 2 rear tires at the Dealership?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:15 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Whether or not this applies to the east coast is debatable, but on the West coast, most Porsche dealers will match the TireRack price for a tire, and change about $25 for mounting and road force balancing.

For example, I put 2 new 285/30-R18 Michelin Pilot Sport Rib N1 rear tires on the 996 and paid $303 each for the tires, and $25 ea for mounting & balancing.

It would seem that you should be able to do at least as good.
I used to have Tire Rack ship the tires to the dealer and have the dealer mount them until I discovered TireVan.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:19 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to try www.tirevan.net . Total cost $606 "out the driveway" + $30 return fee. What's a $30 return fee you ask? Well after being wowed that I wouldn't have to be home to have this work done there was no reminder by tirevan to me to leave available the wheel lock. So in order to get them to return today I had to pay an additional $30 fee. There's not even mention of a return fee on their web page. I'm pissed about the $30 fee but pleased with the work.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:33 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
I decided to try www.tirevan.net . Total cost $606 "out the driveway" + $30 return fee. What's a $30 return fee you ask? Well after being wowed that I wouldn't have to be home to have this work done there was no reminder by tirevan to me to leave available the wheel lock. So in order to get them to return today I had to pay an additional $30 fee. There's not even mention of a return fee on their web page. I'm pissed about the $30 fee but pleased with the work.
I am glad you liked TireVan. I am sorry you had to pay the $30 return fee. I always have them come to my office (my cabriolet is a daily driver) and the first thing they ask me when I take the car out to the outside parking lot (I am in a secure garage) is the wheel lock key. I am sure I would forget to leave the key out too if they came to my house to work on the car when I am not around.

Quick Reply: $900 for 2 rear tires at the Dealership?!