Sponsored by:

Window Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 02:59 PM
chad
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Window Sticker

Someone had posted a way to get a copy of the original window sticker on Porsche cars. I can't find the post. Anyone know where it is? Otherwise, can someone give me the information again.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2001, 03:09 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
I'm not sure about getting a copy of the "window sticker", however PCNA will send you a letter of authenticity that lists the options the car was delivered with.

Sorry, I don't have the address with me (not on my work computer), but if you call PCNA in Atlanta, they can tell you how to get it.

It cost $30.

You can find the same information on the sticker under your hood by option code, thenm use the option decoder on Robin's site.

I believe there is also the option listing in your owners manual.

If no one has turned up the address by this evening, I'll e-mail it to you.
Old 07-23-2001, 03:13 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Extract from my post on the subject

>>>>If you ring up Porsche Customer at 800.545.8039 with the vehicle VIN, they will give you their current address (I think it is still in Atlanta but best to call and find out) where you can send a check for US$30 and they will send to you a certificate of authenticity which details the various options your car came with.

They may also give you the option codes on the phone itself. You will have to translate the option codes using one of the decoders but since your question seems to address the window sticker, the above service is the best that is possible as far as I know short of you being lucky where the original dealer saved a photocopy of it. I know atleast one dealership where I think they photocopy window stickers when they sell every car so if it is traded back to them, they are in a better position to market it - looks like an enthusiast maintained car.<<<<<

ALSO, note this link where Viken has posted links to required forms for your convenience.

http://forums.rennlist.com/scripts/rennforums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000041

Best of luck. Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2001, 03:24 PM
chad
AutoX

Originally posted by Mike in Chi:
<STRONG>I'm not sure about getting a copy of the "window sticker", however PCNA will send you a letter of authenticity that lists the options the car was delivered with.

Sorry, I don't have the address with me (not on my work computer), but if you call PCNA in Atlanta, they can tell you how to get it.

It cost $30.

You can find the same information on the sticker under your hood by option code, thenm use the option decoder on Robin's site.

I believe there is also the option listing in your owners manual.

If no one has turned up the address by this evening, I'll e-mail it to you.</STRONG>
O.k., I've got the codes. Where is Robin's site?
Old 07-23-2001, 03:34 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by chad:
<STRONG>
O.k., I've got the codes. Where is Robin's site?</STRONG>
Click for Robin's site
Old 07-23-2001, 05:13 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
Thanks Ran, I didn't have it down here.

Chad, it's definitely a site to bookmark. You'll use it a lot, and Robin is a great guy besides.

Quick Reply: Window Sticker