996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

GT2/GT3 seats

Old 07-27-2001, 03:15 PM
hubec
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well obviously you'd have to be carefull.... Clearly you'd use steel pins that lock and fit perfectly. They would be just as safe as bolts.

Isn't the GT3 seat around 20lbs? If they are 85lbs they mustn't be much of an improvement over the stockers.
Old 07-27-2001, 04:32 PM
Dan T.
Track Day

Originally posted by hubec:
<STRONG>...Isn't the GT3 seat around 20lbs? If they are 85lbs they mustn't be much of an improvement over the stockers.</STRONG>
I think they are about 15LBS. Very light. Pins are not a go idea. The inside seatbelt harness is hooked onto the seats. If there is a head on accident, I think your toast. I'm a little worried about just taking the seats in and out a couple of times. New bolts are on my list of to dos.

But, even with all of this, the seats are well worth it. They hold you in place around fast corners. Definitely a performance upgrade...worth about 10 sec
Old 07-27-2001, 06:11 PM
Chris Johnson
Intermediate

It all depends on the orientation of the bolts and what kind of quick-release pin you used, including the specific alloy that the pin (and bolts, for that matter) are made out of. There's no question that a quick-release pin that would be safe and as strong or stronger than the bolts could be made. It's just a question of how hard and how expensive.

One could install just the driver's side racing seat, and leave the passenger side normal. It might look weird, but it would provide access to the rear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT2/GT3 seats