Sponsored by:

Purchased ROW M0030 suspension for coupe and I have a convertible

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased ROW M0030 suspension for coupe and I have a convertible

OK silly me I bought a ROW suspension for a C4 2001 coupe with 6 speed and learned that the ROW M0030 suspension is different for the coupe and convertible. OK now that I have these my question would be would they still fit my 2000 C4 convertible? How much different could the coupe and convertible springs be since the weight is about 200lbs different ie if the shocks will not fit how about just changing the springs I would think they would be as good as the H & Rs. I guess the questions is can I use these or do I need to sell them, hopefully I can use them here are the details:
Nr. 00004450008
VA: 996 333 051 13
HA: 996 343 043 13
Thanks

PS I bought them used off of a car here in Germany so return is not an option
Old 05-08-2006, 11:38 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

and there's the reason a question like that should have been posted here prior to purchase. The RoW kits are different for ALL of the model line based on coupe/cab, c2/c4, manual/tip. My suggestion to you is put it up for sale locally and then find something that is specific for your car.

Sorry to hear about your situation but this is one of those purchases that you learn from and move on.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:23 PM
gchu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In additional on coupe/cab, c2/c4, manual/tip, also different parts for 3.4 & 3.6.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:30 PM
an02boxster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking to buy the mod and they will fit my C4 coupe Let me know.
Thanks
Old 05-08-2006, 02:06 PM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

I have the ones for the C4 6 speed 3.4 so everything is correct except it is for the coupe and I have the convertible. I may be slow but I still can not believe that even though these are not the exact ones that they would still not be better than going with the H & R lowering springs on my car. I am getting ready to head back to the states for 2 weeks to a course in Leavenworth (short course not the long tour) and will talk with a local guy who builds Porsche race cars when I return about what the problems may be if I decide to still put these on anyway. I just can not imagine it would be that different unless the mounting system is different, heck I have flown planes with far different switched out parts certified by our government, you know the lowest bidder. If they will not work then I will sell them for what I paid plus shipping so it would be $140 plus the cost of US Mail. Note that I do not have the sway bars just the shocks and springs for the front and back.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:34 AM
delirium
Racer

i dont think the bilstein pss9 coiloves are this specific are they?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:46 AM
jetskied
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The main difference between the two is the spring rates and some of the shock valving. The cabs are slightly heavier then the coupe and the difference is to make up for the weight disparity. The parts will fit and they probably will work fine becuase the weight difference is not that much. If you are doing this mod because of height change and don't plan to drive the car at 10/10th then go install it. It depends on you if you want to go throught the trouble of trying to return it or sell them. IMO the difference is not that great.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:40 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree w/Jetskied. The additional wt. of your cab is equivalent to a passenger in the coupe.

I think you'll be fine using them.

Joe
Old 05-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Sharp
Instructor

at that price....i did read correctly??? $140??? i would just run them, if you not tracking the car the spring rates and valving will not be crutial, the ride may not be optimal, but at that price i would use them even is the extra weight causes premature failure of the shock, and at that point change to the correct ROW or PSS9.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:45 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

You did read correct $140 that is why I could not pass them up, I do have some advantages living overseas! I will put them on when I get back, or should I say I think I will have them put on it looks a little difficult doing the springs. I think the weight will be OK I have removed the spare and other stuff for a flat from the front of the car and carry the air pump and a can of tire seal along with my ADAC card (like AAA) which takes away around 25lbs and gives me a much larger trunk. Does anybody know around how many hours of work it is to change out the shocks and springs?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Sharp
Instructor

it really is not that difficult, only one or two speciality tools needed and if you are at all mechanially inclined it's not very difficult. be sure to get it aligned after and to follow the torque specs. there are lots of instructions floating around!

i myself am in Hungay at the mo, my car sits in Canada, sure wish i could find deals like that, wow thats cheap!!!

Quick Reply: Purchased ROW M0030 suspension for coupe and I have a convertible