996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Zaino it really works

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Edward Kay
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, I just spent part of the weekend using the Zaino system on the car.

I washed the car with Dawn dish liquid to remove old wax and clean the car.
I then used the clay bar along with their car wash as a lubricant to remove impurities.
I used Z5 polish, then Z6 gloss enhancer, then Z5 again, then 3 coats of Z2 protectant. I was also using their ZFX for ultra quick drying. It was a lot of work, but the car looks great. It is true that the car does look better with several coats of Z2 as opposed to one. Z2 and Z5 go on and off ultra easy. Most of the work was in the paint prep and cleaning. After the first application of Z5, everything goes much quicker.

I will post pics.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:52 PM
wilam
Instructor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Edward Kay:
<strong>Alright, I just spent part of the weekend using the Zaino system on the car.

I washed the car with Dawn dish liquid to remove old wax and clean the car.
I then used the clay bar along with their car wash as a lubricant to remove impurities.
I used Z5 polish, then Z6 gloss enhancer, then Z5 again, then 3 coats of Z2 protectant. I was also using their ZFX for ultra quick drying. It was a lot of work, but the car looks great. It is true that the car does look better with several coats of Z2 as opposed to one. Z2 and Z5 go on and off ultra easy. Most of the work was in the paint prep and cleaning. After the first application of Z5, everything goes much quicker.

I will post pics.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Hi Edward,

How difficult is the clay bar to use? I have never used a clay bar before and was wondering? Is it easy to apply and remove? How long did it take you?

Wilam
Old 04-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Edward Kay
Advanced

The clay bar was not a big deal. You have to lubricate it. Zaino recommends an ounce or two of their car wash mixed with 12 ounces or so of water. I can't say for sure that I did it 100% right, but I think it helped a bit.

Quick Reply: Zaino it really works