Sponsored by:

TT Brake Upgrade...Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 09:00 PM
kfong22
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post TT Brake Upgrade...Help

there is a set of 4 996TT brake calipers, rotors, and pads available for sale in my area at a good price (like $1000). i have a '99 c2. i am considering upgrading the brakes but want to ask you experts first. my questions are:

1) is this even a good idea?
2) what else would i need to complete the install?
3) any issues i should be aware of, such as brake lock, throwing off the weight transfer, etc?

thanks
Old 03-20-2003, 09:26 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well I would first see if you need to change the master cylinder to match the new calipers. I would also look into what the proportioning valve setup/abs is like from the turbo to your c2. I was also looking into that. Otherwise you will need the adapters to mount the bigger calipers to the spindle etc, and you will need to make sure that you have proper clearance in the rim, whatever ones you have. Hopefully the 18's. Those are the real questions. Also when and if you do it, I would flush the system with some decent ate super blue fluid and replace the lines with staineless braided ones for better feel. Then it will be pretty sweet. OH, one more thing is the pads, are they used? if so they have to be put on the same way, so... depending on that you might want to consider new higher performance pads, as I have heard if you don't put them in the same way after use you have problems, especially with squeel. I believe the stock turbo brakes come with the oe textar/Pagid pads that are netorious for squeel if not bedded, and correctly reinstalled. Food for thought huh?

Quick Reply: TT Brake Upgrade...Help