Sponsored by:

No Reserve '03 Targa on eBay w/ PSE and wing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Piccia
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Reserve '03 Targa on eBay w/ PSE and wing

Well, I posted a couple of days ago about the cheap '02 in Texas which indeed turned out to be too good to be true (or compelling).

Now I've found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 which is also highly interesting. Good seller feedback rating, though its a mix if commercial trucks and cars and he incorrectly says there's 4 PS2s on it (2 PS2s, 2 Contis). Also doesn't mention the PSE. Overall, looks like a really nice car, though I'd prefer it with another interior color.

I'm going to see if my local P-car dealer will run a service history and option codes for me, or if one of you great guys has an 'in' to getting that quickly it'd certainly be appreciated.

I'm going to have to think seriously about this one.....Anyone else not like gray interiors but living with one???

Comment away......
piccia
Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
911porschefan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks fantastic - I like the light grey interior complements the car well. Very classy looking. I wonder what it will sell for in the end. Good luck with the purchase.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:23 AM
delirium
Racer

i almost bought a gray interior, although im not crazy about it.. im glad i waited for a black int.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:30 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Is it me or does the passenger dash airbag cover look poorly installed, and the color doesnt seem to match? Maybe its just the picture??
Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Piccia
Instructor

Interesting catch about the airbag cover. Will need to look into that.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:40 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

It looks fantastic
It seems to have installed the M030 susoension kit
The tail pipes are an option , but it doesn't want to say that it's PSE. Probaly it has standard exhaust
Old 05-03-2006, 04:29 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Looks pretty good. The build date was 9/02, so you should have 6 months or so of warranty left. If you're serious, I'd ask the seller to send you a picture of the option sticker which should be on the inside of the front hood (if you can't easily get that from your dealer). Tailpipes do not mean it has PSE. Targas are sweet - I've owned two glasstops in the past. I had the grey interior on my Lapis Blue Boxster S - that was a nice combo, although I would stick with darker colors in the future and its really personal choice.

Good luck.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:16 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the Gray interior with deviating Metropol Blue carpeting in my '04 996. I think the gray looks good. I passed on a couple of cars that had the right options and the right exterior color, but they had a black interior. I don't like black interiors on any car and I have never owned a car with a black interior. Just another opinion.

Quick Reply: No Reserve '03 Targa on eBay w/ PSE and wing