Has anyone used this product?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 04:00 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Has anyone used this product?

Slick 50® Advanced Formula Engine Treatment

Slick 50® Advanced Formula Engine Treatment combines Slick 50® Protection Chemistry with a fully formulated 10W-30 motor oil to provide protection against friction and heat. Slick 50® Advanced Formula Engine Treatment is compatible with all types of motor oil, is safe for all automotive gasoline engines and will not void manufacturers' warranties.

¿do you think it will works in a RMS failure ?

Last edited by juankimalo; 05-02-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Nobody would use that in a Porsche. Ever. If I remember right, the company has been fined several times for false advertising. It could have no benefit in the case of an RMS failure.

Rgds,
Old 05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Slick 50 doesn't do anything, which I suppose is better than some products which actually do some harm. Nothing will stop an RMS from leaking other than replacing the RMS...I suppose you could try running a thicker oil or and oil like Valvoline MaxLife, though using maxlife will make your engine dependant on the extra seal swellers it has. Just live with the leak if it's not a big one and you don't feel like paying for a repair, leaking a little oil does no harm.

Also, does that even claim to stop leaks? IIRC Slick50's claim isn't to stop leaks but to reduce friction. It uses PTFE, which was a DuPont creation and you know DuPont would be saying it's good to use if it really were (from what I've heard they actually tried to stop companies from advertising using products derived from PTFE in engines).

If you really wanted to try something to cut down friction you might try militec-1. I know it works in guns and I guess the thought is why not engines. I'm not recommending it, I'm just saying it's the best gun lube there is and it claims to work in engines too.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used this product?