Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Just got the new car into the driveway and found this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Joe2000C4Cab
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scouser, nice to have you visiting here again! Excellent pic too! I think it should be put in all the Owner's Manuals too! It's a keeper for me, hopefully I'll never need to reference it.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the good news is even if you have an RMS leak I feel certain you can stop worrying about it and just think about it as a niggly PITA. If your car is within warranty then great. Just get it fixed (well so called fixed until it leaks again). Otherwise just leave it until you need a new clutch.

I am still on the same 7th RMS and have done 12,000 miles on it this year. Th only thing I do out of the ordinary is change my oil and filter every 5000 miles. My 7th still leaks.....well actually this one is the best behaved so far. It doesnt drip per se, it just sweats. I just live with it and hope.....
Old 05-03-2006, 03:54 PM
delirium
Racer

Originally Posted by Bijan
D'OH
Housing out of round I guess
Interested to know if the new engine will feel "newer" when you drive it
when you get a 'new' engine, it is actually a rebuilt engine right?
Also, the VIN on the engine will not match the car, so wont that result in your title saying that its a rebuilt or salvaged vehicle?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
gdean2323
Intermediate

Default Oil seperator where are you?

Thanks for the info everyone. I understand that the oil seperator is on the front lef top of the engine and I can see what it looks like (from company X's website). I am still wondering where it fits into this picture?
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, at least you have the correct side of the engine, it is in the front, and you cannot see it from the engine compartment opening.

Here is what it looks like on an engine that has been removed. The long shiny hose will either crack with age, or the fitting of the hose and the Oil Separator will start leaking. In your case, I would guess that the fitting is leaking.

Quick Reply: Just got the new car into the driveway and found this...