Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Just Purchased - 2001 C4 Cabriolet (link & pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:12 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, nice looking car. cong~~~~~~~~~~~~
now i need the aero mod on my 01 cab. too
Old 04-30-2006, 01:12 PM
djantlive
Drifting

This car turns heads. If that's what you wanted, paying it at any price is worth it. Since you only got 800 off of asking, you should get it with CPO warranty. I honest don't think you bargained hard enough.

Buying used can work against you if you are very specific and do not want to upgrade/mod afterwards.

I would have gotten an 02 instead with the same money. You'll get a glass rear window and 3.6L w better interior and Bose.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:55 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by djantlive
This car turns heads. If that's what you wanted, paying it at any price is worth it. Since you only got 800 off of asking, you should get it with CPO warranty. I honest don't think you bargained hard enough.

Buying used can work against you if you are very specific and do not want to upgrade/mod afterwards.

I would have gotten an 02 instead with the same money. You'll get a glass rear window and 3.6L w better interior and Bose.
I actually did a bit better than $800 off the asking.

Included in the deal was delivery from Chicago to CT (straight thru and covered) plus the car had very slight blemishes on 2 of the wheels. I made them pay to have them fixed. All in, I probably saved $2k off the asking (for whatever that's worth).

I would have loved to have bargained a bit harder but my hands were tied. I had a list of options I felt I had to have on a C4 (including the red/grey color combo, manual tranny, PSM, aero kit, painted/heated sport seats w/crest, & painted center console). I know I could have approached these aftermarket but it would have taken time I do not have.

I definitely didn't care about the Bose system. I've heard it and I wouldn't have kept it. This car goes directly to the stereo shop for a real upgrade. That's one mod I don't mind doing.

One thing I would have liked is the glass rear window. Ah well... I found the car I wanted. I was starting to think Summer was going to pass me by.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:06 PM
SRVblue
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey LiveFrom NY, I have a similar car in black, black interior, 18 inch twist wheels. Not as optioned, but aero cab, 2001. Just got it in April. I love it and hardly ever see a ride like it anywhere. I'm in Westchester Cty. You are going to love that car. Congrats and maybe I'll see you in CT. I'm often up that way.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SRVblue
Hey LiveFrom NY, I have a similar car in black, black interior, 18 inch twist wheels. Not as optioned, but aero cab, 2001. Just got it in April. I love it and hardly ever see a ride like it anywhere. I'm in Westchester Cty. You are going to love that car. Congrats and maybe I'll see you in CT. I'm often up that way.
Sounds like a nice ride. Another couple weeks and we'll be in the top-down weather. Hope to see up here!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:37 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

congrats and welcome.... we'll most likely be doing a bunch of runs this summer, you should bring the 996 out have fun
Old 04-30-2006, 11:37 PM
m3rty996
AutoX

Very NICE Pcar. I want an aero kit so bad. It will have to wait though. I need to save up for a bigger place. Im sure that you will love your car. I love mine. I didnt wash it for 2 weeks (usually wash it every week) and I forgot how nice it was when clean. Good luck
Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Nice car. The red aerokit cab looks really, really good.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:39 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

In the MD area the asking price for '01 cabs with moderate mileage is around $50K depending on options. So if you were a little on the high side, it wasn't by much.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:40 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Fantastic looking car. I'm in Westchester, NY and it was already top down weather yesterday so you are going to love sporting around in that thing. I love the options. Drive it for a few months, and then let the mod bug take hold....
Old 05-01-2006, 07:50 PM
searching4996
Racer

Originally Posted by LiveFromNY
I actually did a bit better than $800 off the asking.

Included in the deal was delivery from Chicago to CT (straight thru and covered) plus the car had very slight blemishes on 2 of the wheels. I made them pay to have them fixed. All in, I probably saved $2k off the asking (for whatever that's worth).

I would have loved to have bargained a bit harder but my hands were tied. I had a list of options I felt I had to have on a C4 (including the red/grey color combo, manual tranny, PSM, aero kit, painted/heated sport seats w/crest, & painted center console). I know I could have approached these aftermarket but it would have taken time I do not have.

I definitely didn't care about the Bose system. I've heard it and I wouldn't have kept it. This car goes directly to the stereo shop for a real upgrade. That's one mod I don't mind doing.

One thing I would have liked is the glass rear window. Ah well... I found the car I wanted. I was starting to think Summer was going to pass me by.

It's never a bad buy if it makes you happy, and this car abviously does that for you. The most important thing in buying a car is getting one you absolutely love, it prevents you from getting bored in a year or two and wanting another one. If you love this car so much that you keep it for five years and it always brings a smile to your face, the few extra thousand you might have spent initially is meaningless.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:05 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Welcome. The car is absolutely beautiful, and since you already bought it, I wouldn't ask anyone if you paid too much. You might hear something that takes the fun out of it. Just drive it and enjoy it it's too late to worry about the purchase price.

Remember, someone paid much more than you did for that car when it was new. Even if your price was a tad high, someone else already took the bulk of the depreciation hit for you.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:20 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I must say, *absolutely* beautiful car.

Stop worrying about the price you paid and start enjoying your ride.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:18 PM
jedier
Instructor

Very nice cab! Congrats. Just enjoy it. Stop worrying about the price, it'll spoil your pleasure.

Quick Reply: Just Purchased - 2001 C4 Cabriolet (link & pics)