Sponsored by:

99C4

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:29 PM
alan bernstein
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 99C4

I just bought my 99C4 and I have some questions and comments. First the deal. The car was fully optioned had 18,00 miles, 18" wheels, full leather, adjustable seats Hi-Fi sound with six pack CD. The color is slate Grey metallic. the sticker price was 85,000.I bought it for 52,600 from a GMC truck dealer in Baltimore who had taken it in trade on a pick-up truck. He had originally asked 59,000 but had no bites. Claimed he sold it to me for wholesale. With 99 prices falling what is the consensus? I bought my 91 C2 from a Ferrari dealer who told me to take that piece of garbage off his lot so it seems that discordant dealers may offer the best oportunities.
Comments about the car are:
1. Despite the fully adjustable seats I cannot seem to get really comfortable. Am I alone with this problem. Never had this with the C2.
2.The clutch seems to have a slight squeak or chatter. Is this normal?
3.I have owned other porsches and a recently a 1989 M-3 and this is the toughest car I have owned to drive smoothly around own. Is it me?
4. Why would anyone in his right mind pay 3,000 for the slate grey metallic paint? Is there something i do not know?
5. Compared to my 91C2 this car is like a 747 to an F-16. I would have liked a 993 C4S but they are out of warranty and do not have side air bags. Anyone feels the 996 is as fun to drive?
I like the car a lot but It makes me feel like an adult.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:34 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts
Sounds like you hate the car-better sell it. Regards. Mike
Old 10-01-2002, 12:37 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. Despite the fully adjustable seats I cannot seem to get really comfortable. Am I alone with this problem. Never had this with the C2.

Try adjusting the seat back angle and then readjusting the distance... that did it for me.

2.The clutch seems to have a slight squeak or chatter. Is this normal?

There is a TSB out on this (actually about 4 of them). If the car is still under warranty or you get a good dealer they can perform the TSBs.

3.I have owned other porsches and a recently a 1989 M-3 and this is the toughest car I have owned to drive smoothly around own. Is it me?

You'll get use to it like any other car.

4. Why would anyone in his right mind pay 3,000 for the slate grey metallic paint? Is there something i do not know?

Perhaps the same reason someone would order wood interior... they must have liked how it looked.

5. Compared to my 91C2 this car is like a 747 to an F-16. I would have liked a 993 C4S but they are out of warranty and do not have side air bags. Anyone feels the 996 is as fun to drive?

I've owned several Porsches before and this is the most refined, comfortable and fastest one I have owned. More of a track car than autocross car.

Quick Reply: 99C4