Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Porsche GT3 seat vs Recaro Pole Position review

Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 PM
bnewport
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, the spikes slide in to holes in the floor pan to secure the seats better, they don't impact height. Makes putting the adapters in to the floor a snap, drop the spikes in, then bolt everything in.

The other thing is I'm not done yet. I can buy another GT3 seat or switch mounts on the passenger side to something lower. Your brackets are still taller than the GT3 ones, right?
Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Daniel@AdvancedMotorsport.com
Advanced

Hey Billy,

Sorry for the late response. If you are in need of a passenger mount, I can have one arranged to be sent to you to see if it works out alright. (Adapter, Slider, Sidemounts).

The sidemounts make the seat sit higher then the GT3. The GT3 setup is similar to the Recaro Trend/Style/Sportline setup where the seat itself is on the slider bar without the need of sidemounts.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Daniel@AdvancedMotorsport.com
Advanced

(posted this on my sticky also)

FYI: Just wanted to let you know about a recent install we did on a 996 with the PP's.

The PP's using factory Recaro Brackets and Adapter/Slider bars sit higher than the stock seats, even at the lowests bracket settings. To some drivers, this will be a dangerous configuration and I would not suggest purchasing PP's unless you can go to a shop which will install them for you to sit in them in your car WITH your helmet on.

A fellow Rennlist'er named John (who is 6'3") was patient enough for us to try multiple configurations with different brackets on his 996. (big thanks again John! ). Unfortunately we could create any setup which will fit his needs; in worse case scenerios his helmet was touching the roof and his knees were grazing the steering wheel.

I believe if you bolted the seat directly to the chassis floor (in a full time track car) you can alleviate the height issue.

Just a head's up for everyone who wants to get the PP for a weekend tracker.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:11 PM
bnewport
Racer

This is my experience also. I'm 5"9. My thighs were almost touching the steering wheel making getting in and out hard. The GT3 seat is better but I still may try lower it further using some BK bolt to floor kit.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:14 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

ended up with the Euro GT3 seats
Attached Images   

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche GT3 seat vs Recaro Pole Position review